The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Other Events (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Lombard 8/28/21 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168603)

RPOLS3 08-31-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuncio (Post 1561116)
I love these cars, lots of good memories from my high school days.

My brother and I as well, especially when we would borrow the 87 Turbo Regal from our Dad for the evening. This looks to be an exceptional car. Congratulations.

Dan - what's the story on the blue 67 Impala in the background?

Postsedan 08-31-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPOLS3 (Post 1561469)
My brother and I as well, especially when we would borrow the 87 Turbo Regal from our Dad for the evening. This looks to be an exceptional car. Congratulations.

Dan - what's the story on the blue 67 Impala in the background?

Didn`t you see this Amazing 1967 Impala at MCACN....one of the Best Out There... With an amazing story.

I will allow Mike Ruhl (Owner) to tell his story.

Dan

RPOLS3 09-01-2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postsedan (Post 1561476)
Didn`t you see this Amazing 1967 Impala at MCACN....one of the Best Out There... With an amazing story.

Dan

Evidently not - looking forward to hearing about it.

67L36 09-01-2021 01:09 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Postsedan (Post 1561476)

Dan

It is a really cool original car with an even better story and documentation! First, a little about the car. I purchased it from the original owner in 2015. The Friday after Thanksgiving, it was pushed over to my house from across the street. Yes, the original owner lived across the street from me,

I moved in April of 1989, and shortly after, I was introduced to the original owner, Hank. I was teased with many stories about the car, sitting in his garage since 1974, yes, 1974 but he never showed it to me or anyone else for that matter. Just the kind of guy he was, but he loved to talk about the car.

It was ordered 12/66 from Spradlin Chevrolet in Park Ridge IL where Hank was employed. He was a GM mechanic his whole life. It was built in the Janesville plant, delivered to the dealer at the end of January of 67. From day 1, he kept a gas log and recorded miles on the car, MPG, how much per gallon and so on. He did this till the last time he put fuel in it. That was June of 1972.

When I purchased it, the car had 20 miles added to what he had recorded and that was from starting it up once or twice a year, driving it around the neighborhood then back to the climate controlled garage to sit. It never left the garage after 1974.

Hank passed in 2005 and never got to enjoy the Impala again. He had intentions of one day getting it going again, but that never happened. Sad.

When he ordered it, he obviously did not want the SS package, but he did order the L36 427 under the hood. Backed by a turbo 400, 12 bolt posi with 3:31 gears. Factory a/c P/W and disc brakes to name a few options. Bench seat, column shifted. It has the gauge package. Marina blue with a black vinyl top.

His wife decided to let it go, again in 2015 when I purchased it. Short trip across the street and it was in my climate controlled garage. It's what the car has been use too!!!

The fun began! We dropped the tank, had it flushed, cleaned, new plugs points. Oil in the cylinders, pulled the distributer to prime the engine. It fired right up!! Crazy! Sounded great!! Fuel pump lasted about 20min and we had to replace that. It still retains everything else original! Water pump, exhaust is original except the tail pipes. He wanted to remove the resonators. It even is still running today with the original plug wires!!!

I forgot to mention the miles. It had 16k on it in 2015 and just turned over 18k a few weeks ago when I was giving it a little exercise.

I have every piece of paperwork from when the car was ordered to when it arrived at the dealer. It really gets lots of attention when I bring it out to any local cruise night. I always have to tell everyone, it is all original paint, thats when people show the interest, once they realize it is not restored.

Anyway, I rambled on enough for now. The car has a lot of unique touches that Hank did to the car that I have chose to leave alone and just preserve the car. One being a caprice rear bumper and tail light set up because he wanted to make the sequential!! Enjoy the pics!

Mike

67L36 09-01-2021 01:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Few more

Postsedan 09-01-2021 01:32 AM

Like I have said many times.... This may very well be the very best survivor 1967 427 Impala out there.....and even better is that Mike is the perfect owner of this amazing Impala. Plus, may I add the AC blows super super cold :)

Dan

Chazman 09-01-2021 01:36 AM

I can still remember the text you sent me that day: "Come to my house, now!" LOL!

Chazman 09-01-2021 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postsedan (Post 1561531)
Like I have said many times.... This may very well be the very best survivor 1967 427 Impala out there.....and even better is that Mike is the perfect owner of this amazing Impala. Plus, may I add the AC blows super super cold :)

Dan

It is truly an exceptional example. Certainly, one of the best, if not THE best in the country.

67L36 09-01-2021 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazman (Post 1561532)
I can still remember the text you sent me that day: "Come to my house, now!" LOL!

I remember that well Charlie!! That was a great day and the beginning of some fun garage nights!!!

67L36 09-01-2021 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postsedan (Post 1561531)

Dan

Thanks Dan, and yes, the a/c sure was a plus last Saturday with the heat and humidity we had. That r12 sure gets it nice and cold still!! Had to turn it down after a few minutes when I was heading down!!