The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   People Trailering Their Own Cars (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149260)

cook_dw 06-07-2018 01:26 AM

People Trailering Their Own Cars

I have spoke with a couple members that have brought their own vehicles to the show and I am looking for incite on the process. I am thinking I can park the truck and trailer at the Double Tree parking structure and unload then drive the car over to the show. Unless there is bad weather or it will take several hours before I make it into the building. My thinking is to save from having to maneuver the truck and trailer inside the convention center. Thoughts?

EDIT:

Thread title should be Trailering not Trailing. Damn "smart" phones..

wheelhop 06-07-2018 03:40 AM

Getting in and out of the building is fairly easy with your truck and trailer on move in day. You have a scheduled move in time and the process moves fairly smoothly. Leaving is a different story because everybody wants to leave at same time. I recommend you have a friend wait on a side street outside of the building with your truck and trailer and drive your car out of the building and load outside.

cook_dw 06-07-2018 11:21 AM

Thanks.

67since67 06-07-2018 04:45 PM

Assuming you are asking about MCACN?

No trailers into the Double Tree parking structure. The Crown Plaza next door has an open lot that works but they hassle you about trailers Friday night through Sunday. Trailer parking across the freeway works fine.

I've waited as long as 4 hours to move in, but the process seems to be better the last couple years, in '16 I drove right in, '17 about an hour. I can't speak for Friday move-in though. Maneuvering in the building is no big deal.

After awards on Sunday, enjoy dinner with friends. Roll the trailer in later (after 8). :beers:

cook_dw 06-07-2018 06:20 PM

I actually called and talked to double tree which is where I’m staying and they said they have oversized parking and enclosed wasn’t a problem. So idk. Guess I’ll see when I get there. Thanks guys! Should be fun. Look forward to meeting some folks from the forum.

RPOLS3 06-07-2018 07:21 PM

There is a dedicated outdoor trailer lot just for the show not far from the convention center to park your rig over the weekend. I believe it has security as well, Bob Ashton can confirm.

I agree with the others about getting out on Sunday. In 2015 when we had the blizzard on Saturday I ended up borrowing a friend's trailer to bring home Dad's 62 since he drove it there on Thursday in the dry weather. Rather than wait and load up inside I was able to park my rig and wait in the office building parking lot just north of the Embassy Suites (as where several others) so that when the show cars came out of the building on the north side Dad drove about 500 feet and put it right in the trailer, tied it down, and were on our way in short order.

67since67 06-08-2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cook_dw (Post 1403670)
I actually called and talked to double tree which is where I’m staying and they said they have oversized parking and enclosed wasn’t a problem.

Hmmm, :hmmm: Maybe I've missed something, but I've never seen a trailer in there and looks like very tight quarters.

cook_dw 06-08-2018 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Honestly I have no idea. I did a search and did the street view on Google and saw these signs so I called and they transferred me to their transportation person. He said they share the parking structure with the convention center and they have U-hauls, box trucks etc in there all the time. He said a car trailer was no problem.. :confused2:

Ill more than likely be a sheep and just follow the group once I get there. I certainly don't need the headache of getting the truck and trailer in a sticky situation..

cook_dw 06-08-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPOLS3 (Post 1403673)
There is a dedicated outdoor trailer lot just for the show not far from the convention center to park your rig over the weekend. I believe it has security as well, Bob Ashton can confirm.

I agree with the others about getting out on Sunday. In 2015 when we had the blizzard on Saturday I ended up borrowing a friend's trailer to bring home Dad's 62 since he drove it there on Thursday in the dry weather. Rather than wait and load up inside I was able to park my rig and wait in the office building parking lot just north of the Embassy Suites (as where several others) so that when the show cars came out of the building on the north side Dad drove about 500 feet and put it right in the trailer, tied it down, and were on our way in short order.

Thanks Jake. This like others I have talked with have said the same which is more than likely what I will end up doing.

Thanks everyone!

Im all set. Got my registration in, hotel booked now just waiting on November.

ORIGLS6 06-08-2018 02:56 PM

The marshalling yard is your best bet for truck/trailer parking over the weekend. It's free and there are shuttles running constantly between there and the Convention center.
As said before, if the weather is good on Sunday your quickest and less troublesome exit strategy is 'driving out'. There are a number of areas to stage your trailer within a block or two from the Convention center.
You'll have plenty of time over the weekend to chat with some of the 'MCACN Veterans' and develop your plan.
You're gonna LOVE the MCACN experience.