The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ford-Mercury (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   New project 66 Fast back (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144179)

HawkX66 08-26-2017 12:48 PM

New project 66 Fast back

What do you think?

A12pilot 08-26-2017 05:56 PM

Sweet! Welcome to the world of CHEAP cars!:burnout: And what I mean by that is you get the most bang for your buck with them. Everything is reproduced and affordable! Having done Mopars mostly, I had forgotten how relatively affordable Mustangs were to buy parts for. You should have fun with that one. C-code (2bbl) or A-Code (4bbl)??? I see the deluxe interior with the woodgrained trim and steering wheel, and is that a console bracket on the trans hump? Wimbledon white? :hmmm:

4spd Fastbacks are a good investment regardless of condition witht he 67-68 commanding the higher money, usually. Looks like that one will need floors (looks like plate steel placed on top of the factory floor) and that means usually the cowl is shot (typical on the Stangs too). Make a nice GT350 tribute out of it. Minimal investment to do that on the 66s (you'll need to install quarter panel vent windows) and drop in a T-5 trans for OD. I did a 66 GT350 Clone a long time ago, Rangoon red with white stripes and it sold in about 3hrs after I posted it. They're sharp cars when done!!!

Cheers

Dave

A12pilot 08-26-2017 07:26 PM

I'm sure it has a door tag and a vin tag, which would reveal the engine code as a "K".... like 6F07Kxxxxxx. And all Factory-installed 289 High Performance engines had the vehicle serial number stamped into the righthand side of the block near the battery's negative-cable attachment point. The myth that they had screw in freeze plugs is just that. That's a Boss engine thing.

If it's a K Code.... that would be a candidate for a factory resto. Either way, a fun find! :burnout:

Cheers
Dave

cook_dw 08-28-2017 02:25 PM

Nice project for the F word but the better question is whats the story on the 68 in the background? Looks promising. Seems like you are branching out more with this and the Old purchases.. Congrats.

Crush 08-28-2017 04:40 PM

I like the green and yellow I see!!

bergy 08-28-2017 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know that it's sacrilege, but I do like the styling of those fastbacks. Great project!

Billohio 08-29-2017 01:47 AM

I agree with Crush, looks like what I was working on today

bergy 08-29-2017 04:55 PM

You probably know this - but the trunk bottom is the top of the fuel tank.

markinnaples 08-30-2017 02:36 PM

Always liked those early FB Mustangs, and those original colors are unusual but awesome.

whitetop 08-30-2017 02:51 PM

I am doing a 64.5 Mustang convertible right now. Unless you are doing all the work yourself you will be underwater. Price of Mustang fastbacks are dropping big time and you can now buy a finished one for way less than than restoring one.

You are looking at significant panel replacement floors, cowl, front aprons etc $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I am doing my car only due to the fact it was a favorite of mine in my area growing up.

Hate to burst your bubble but I ma going through it right now.