The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   **hardware restoration services** (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=158387)

Enoch 12-06-2019 02:28 AM

**hardware restoration services**

**HARDWARE RESTORATION SERVICES** **UPDATED 02/05/20**

After having the opportunity to restore our first sets of customer's hardware, we are updating our processes.

At least a few times a week, I am asked if I offer a restoration service for original car hardware. It only makes sense to want to preserve your car's original pieces. I am going to start providing a service to restore original hardware. The following is a description of the restoration process:

1. Inspect and document your order once received
2. Chemically strip each piece to remove grease, paint and rust
3. Inspect each piece and deburr any knicks / rounded corners
4. Tap threads as needed
5. Do a final inspection to make sure each piece is usable
6. Replace or supplement bad/missing items from our extensive inventory of original hardware (at an additional cost per piece)
7. Sort pieces according to plating specifications (black phosphate, silver or dichromate (yellow))
8. Return ship the order to you

Here's a break down of pricing:

1. Each finish has a lot charge of $150.
* So for example if you need both black and silver it would be $300.
* Larger items that do not fit into the baskets for plating are a separate lot charge (such as jack mast and window regulators).
2. Restoration labor is charged @ $50 per hour.
* Total hours will vary on quantity and condition of hardware received.
3. Our labor turnaround, depending on quantity and condition, is 5 - 7 business days. The turnaround time for the plater is 7-10 business days.
4. A deposit of $500 is required at the onset, and once the order is ready to ship the balance will be due.
6. You pay the actual shipping and insurance costs.
* Typically a complete car's hardware can be shipped in a large flat rate USPS box which is $20.

**As a side note if you restore your own hardware there will be no restoration fee just a handling/inspection fee.

If you have any questions feel free to call or text or email.

Thanks for your interest!
Rich
610-462-4441
[email protected]

Tracker1 12-06-2019 02:09 PM

This is a great idea Rich. Wish you had an I.D. service :) I have about 100 GM bolts that I know were used on something somewhere, with correct head-markings, that I have no clue of their actual use. Best of luck with your new endeavour

Enoch 12-07-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker1 (Post 1474275)
This is a great idea Rich. Wish you had an I.D. service :) I have about 100 GM bolts that I know were used on something somewhere, with correct head-markings, that I have no clue of their actual use. Best of luck with your new endeavour

Des, Thank you very much for the kind words. We already are going to be doing the hardware for a 68 Z28 and some hardware for a 70 Z28. Great response so far.

As far as the bolts that you have that you're not sure of naybe put a post in the technical section and if there's ones that I don't know maybe other people can chime in and help you ID them. It might be helpful for a lot of people to be able to see things like that. I'd be glad to help out.

Enoch 12-07-2019 06:40 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pictures of a Jack mast and spare tire J-hook and wing nut we did for a fellow SYC Member recently.

Enoch 01-08-2020 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pictures of the lengths we go to in trying to save as much original hardware for each order we have.
This is a lug nut that had its edges rounded.

Enoch 01-08-2020 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is the same lug nut after we addressed it.
We do the same on all good salvageable hardware.

Enoch 02-05-2020 05:40 PM

Updated services

Enoch 02-05-2020 05:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pictures of a batch of black we did for a fellow SYC member.