The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Baldwin-Motion Performance (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Joel Rosen (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176805)

Steve Shauger 09-23-2023 01:53 AM

Joel Rosen

It is with great sadness that I have been informed Joel is in hospice care. He was a game changer and innovator who we all owe a debt of gratitude. Lets keep him and his family in our hearts and prayers.

HuggerSS 09-23-2023 02:34 AM

Very sad news Steve… Prayers go out to him and his family…

Motion Performance 09-23-2023 02:41 AM

Steve, thank you for posting, though this is not something you want to do.

It is a very sad day, indeed, to hear of this news. Before I ever spoke with Joel I knew of his reputation of being a no-nonsense guy and such, but I can attest to the fact that he was always extremely nice to me. It was easy to feel intimidated by a living legend but he always made me feel at ease. As I told Joel, even though I was a very unlikely next-torch bearer, I told him I hoped to continue our relationship long past our “deal” since that relationship meant a great deal to me.

It is the relationships in our lives that matter more to us than anything, and knowing Joel has been a blessing I will always be thankful for. There is much that can and should be said about Joel, but it is one of the joys of my life that I can say I knew him, and I believe I did and do.

I will certainly be adding Joel to the list of folks I pray for daily. And not only him but Judith and their kids and grandkids as well.

-Kasey

scuncio 09-23-2023 02:54 AM

Sad to hear that. A legend in our hobby....

Rsconv68 09-23-2023 04:11 AM

I remember him giving a seminar at the ICC Nationals back in 1989 or so. Nice guy. This suck, but thanks for posting.

MosportGreen66 09-23-2023 04:32 PM

My most fond memory of MCACN 2010 was supporting the Motion Madness display with my former memorabilia collection and spending one-on-one time with Joel, including dinner Saturday evening with Joel, Judy, my dad and others. Joel had us jaw dropped the whole evening - his stories were incredible... like a time machine. His Phase III creations will always remain my favorite! Wishing him and his family peace without pain throughout this period.

Tuna Joe 09-23-2023 05:10 PM

Prayers sent

Too Many Projects 09-23-2023 08:13 PM

Yes, sad to hear another icon of the muscle car era is moving on. May peace be with his family.

PeteLeathersac 09-23-2023 09:05 PM

More thoughts/prayers also a sincere thanks to Joel for all he’s done.
Seriously, few or maybe no other single person foresaw/created/marketed and/or delivered the total amount of HP Joel has over the years also not just to local buyers but Hi-Performance enthusiasts all over the world!
:worship:
:3gears:

MosportGreen66 09-23-2023 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteLeathersac (Post 1632609)

More thoughts/prayers also a sincere thanks to Joel for all he’s done.
Seriously, few or maybe no other single person foresaw/created/marketed and/or delivered the total amount of HP Joel has over the years also not just to local buyers but Hi-Performance enthusiasts all over the world!
:worship:
:3gears:

A true crafty entrepreneur!!