The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Jerry MacNeish Certifications (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169699)

wayoutz 11-16-2021 05:58 PM

Jerry MacNeish Certifications

What's every ones thoughts on The JM Certifications?

subyman99 11-16-2021 06:29 PM

I’m not a fan.. for someone who isn’t up on cars, and what to look for, it’s a starting point.
Few of my cars have been certified before I got them. One was certified a week before I got it. Lots of items missing on his report that should of been on there. But he did say the venturis on the carb were dirty! And dinged it for that. LOL I feel jm report is a wam bam, get paid and move on.

I could go a lot more in debt but I don’t want to say to much. I just haven’t been satisfied.

I’ve been more than impressed with Steve’s report on the cars. Seems like there is way more care into the report on the car.

Matt

wayoutz 11-16-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subyman99 (Post 1571373)
I’m not a fan.. for someone who isn’t up on cars, and what to look for, it’s a starting point.
Few of my cars have been certified before I got them. One was certified a week before I got it. Lots of items missing on his report that should of been on there. But he did say the venturis on the carb were dirty! And dinged it for that. LOL I feel jm report is a wam bam, get paid and move on.

I could go a lot more in debt but I don’t want to say to much. I just haven’t been satisfied.

I’ve been more than impressed with Steve’s report on the cars. Seems like there is way more care into the report on the car.

Matt

I have to agree and theres no Bias with Steve and Mcakn. I dont think much of an induvial who spreads taint on other folks and their potential buyers who call JM and he tells them something different than what his report says.
He been a great help to me on one side and a foe on the other.
Any way I will always go to Steve Shauger for all my questions and professional advise, just a super person.

bergy 11-16-2021 07:35 PM

I don’t have a dog in the hunt - and I agree about Steve’s expertise, but are there examples of JM certifications of COPO Camaro’s that have proven to not be COPO Camaros? To me, that’s the big picture on his certifications.

STEFS 11-16-2021 07:36 PM

As I posted Steves report on my 69 z that Iam selling, His report covers the major and important items on the car that make it real or not. Do we care if a bolt has the wrong head marking on it ??????? Or do we care that the broach marks and stamping on the block is real ?????? Just my opinion

wayoutz 11-16-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEFS (Post 1571381)
As I posted Steves report on my 69 z that Iam selling, His report covers the major and important items on the car that make it real or not. Do we care if a bolt has the wrong head marking on it ??????? Or do we care that the broach marks and stamping on the block is real ?????? Just my opinion

I agree to an extent. I never questioned his knowledge because he is one of the best out there and no one ever found him to make anything bad good, he's an expert at what he does but his reports vary on content from each Individual who hires him.
This car your selling here is a beautiful original and the JM report does nothing but help it.

Steve Shauger 11-16-2021 08:08 PM

This thread is not beneficial to our members at this point. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Lets move on because JM has been banned from this site for years, and unable to defend himself which is only fair. There are many knowledgeable people who inspect a car.

Vintage Inspection Services which I just introduced has the ability to provide inspections on many Marques and models. The inspection will be performed by a team of specialized experts which I have judged with for over 10 years.

Now that I'm retired I have the time to manage and provide personal inspections on specific models such as the Camaro.

Remember there always choices do your diligence and pick the one you're comfortable with.

SBR 11-18-2021 12:46 PM

Steve, your reply says a lot about you. Very classy!

jdv69z 11-18-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Shauger (Post 1571385)
This thread is not beneficial to our members at this point. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Lets move on because JM has been banned from this site for years, and unable to defend himself which is only fair. There are many knowledgeable people who inspect a car.

Vintage Inspection Services which I just introduced has the ability to provide inspections on many Marques and models. The inspection will be performed by a team of specialized experts which I have judged with for over 10 years.

Now that I'm retired I have the time to manage and provide personal inspections on specific models such as the Camaro.

Remember there always choices do your diligence and pick the one you're comfortable with.

Curious. So how does the inspection service work? Do you go the the vehicle, or does it come to you? Where are you located?

CamaroNOS 11-18-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Shauger (Post 1571385)

Steve,

That is great to know you will be offering personal inspections on specific vehicles. I suspect you will/could be quite busy in your retirement days.

I am not too sure how busy you want to get, but a shout out to all the guys on the site with a bit of advertising may be an idea? We all know you well enough and your integrity is always present. A conflict of interest because of the club would not enter into my mind, ever. Your services are always top drawer.

Paul