The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Camaro value drop (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154637)

ALLZS 04-19-2019 01:05 PM

Camaro value drop

The first gen camaros are sure taking a drop in value in the last year ?? Wonder way

markinnaples 04-19-2019 01:29 PM

Interesting observation. Where have you seen the falling prices? Everything I've seen is them pretty much holding still.

ALLZS 04-19-2019 01:35 PM

Hagerty pricing valuation & classic nada

MYSTERYCHEVELLE 04-19-2019 03:13 PM

I gotta say, Right or Wrong... My opinion. Those price guides are usually full of BS. Not real world. Put together based on small statistical subset of cars they have watched sell at auctions. I put no stock in Nada or Haggery or any of these "Storefront" Appraisals I so often see quoted in ads and on line.

Again, I may be wrong and I'm speaking about cars in general... Not just Camaros.

four5four 04-19-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYSTERYCHEVELLE (Post 1444398)
I gotta say, Right or Wrong... My opinion. Those price guides are usually full of BS. Not real world. Put together based on small statistical subset of cars they have watched sell at auctions. I put no stock in Nada or Haggery or any of these "Storefront" Appraisals I so often see quoted in ads and on line.

Again, I may be wrong and I'm speaking about cars in general... Not just Camaros.

Agree 100%

Crush 04-19-2019 05:18 PM

IMHO,I think folks on the “ outside” of the hobby rely on these resources to determine value. Right or wrong that’s why these resources exist and in many ways influence ALl the automotive markets. As an example I am looking for an FJ 40 and have gone on the expert forums for their expert opinion, auction results, eBay, craigslist, etc.. to get a general price range on these vehicles. Needless to say the same inconsistencies exist in the valuation of these based on owners perception of supply and demand, originality, quality of resto etc.. bottom line if your serious about any vehicle you have to do your homework using a multitude of resources to find what your looking for and for a fair price which is all part of the fun!

BARRY 04-19-2019 05:46 PM

lets jump 10 years what will a 1969 z28 worth 40, tops the market will change as we get older .... my kids don:t want these cars. and with electric cars coming in...

markinnaples 04-19-2019 06:28 PM

I don't think you can lump all kids into the same group. They're just like the rest of us, and all humanity in reality. Some will embrace EVs, some won't, and some in the middle. My 18 yo stepson wants nothing to do with any EV, and will never consider (as long as he has the choice) anything but an ICE.

scuncio 04-19-2019 06:54 PM

I for one will not mourn the 'investors' who have no other interest in the hobby other than making returns that outpace the S&P. But long term I think the jury is still out on Camaros as they appeal to younger people as well as older...just consider the number of pro-touring modernized builds and what those cars are bringing at auction.

I always buy what I like so if I get stuck with it...I'm still happy :)

ruralrte66 04-19-2019 07:06 PM

Great conversation guys, and agree.

Gregg