The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Pontiac (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   1970 GTO the next project (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142620)

Ryan1969Chevelle 06-08-2017 12:00 AM

Would you share the manufacturer of the passenger side trunk support?

Ryan

jasonL78 06-18-2017 06:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I need this package tray panel for a 70 GTO/Lemans. Does anyone have one? Why the previous body guy put a new panel over this is just crazy!

scuncio 06-24-2017 09:46 PM

You are doing amazing work to correct all the horror that car has been through. I'm impressed.

jasonL78 06-26-2017 07:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the kind words, I take a lot of pride in my work. I've been guiding the owner along this process and explaining to him all the problems I found. The black silicon for seam sealer was the icing on the cake. The last bump in the road is this rear package tray area. I located a donor car down state to cut the package tray panel out of. I spent most of the day yesterday lining everything up. I'm pretty happy with the body lines now. Once I get the new deck panel I will make everything permanent and move onto the body to get it ready for epoxy and high build.

jasonL78 07-06-2017 01:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Finally done with the back half of the GTO. A new package tray and deck filler panel. I had to reshape the quarter corner. The after market quarters are way off. This area will need modifications to make the rear window trim to fit correctly.

WILMASBOYL78 07-07-2017 12:40 PM

Jason...

I visited Jason at his shop last nite to deliver some Nova parts to one his buddies...got to see this GTO up close...very nice work.

Jason's attention to detail and professional workmanship are as good as any I've seen.

-wilma

Zman1969 07-10-2017 09:17 PM

Nice work Jason, in the end looks like he will finally be happy

jasonL78 07-11-2017 12:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just started priming parts, the doors and trunk lid are completed. I’m happy with the trunk area. A lot of work had to go into it, just to get it straightened out. The quarters were just a little too low and I had to build up the top of the quarters to get the panel alignment to look presentable. I like showing these shots as this is what needs to be done to aftermarket sheet metal sometimes. That’s an aftermarket trunk lid and the dam thing had dents and low spots. I think a lot of it has to do with the sheet metal is a lot thinner than the original sheet metal. A lot of time was spent blocking the back half out; I think it will pay off in the long run. The owner is very happy with my progress. I’ve got more done in 3 months than the previous body guy did in 3 years. My goal is to have the body in epoxy and high build in the next week or so. I will then proceed onto the frame, sandblast prime, and paint and hopefully get the body back onto the frame by the end of the summer.

earntaz 07-11-2017 01:02 PM

Looking good!! TAZ

Mr70 07-11-2017 03:38 PM

A testament to who you are Jason. :beers: