The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Buildsheet Opinions (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129736)

Supergas990 11-07-2014 02:38 PM

Buildsheet Opinions

2 Attachment(s)
I'm looking for some help on a buildsheet from a 1970 SS Chevelle. I'm no expert in this area and it looks legitimate to me, but I'd like some opinions.

Sorry the pics aren't the best.

Blair

BLACKLS5 11-07-2014 03:08 PM

Re: Buildsheet Opinions

Hard to tell without a closer view but probably legit. Interesting color combo, Autumn Gold with a White painted top. I used to own a 70 396 car that was Champaign Gold with a White painted top, Saddle interior and Black stripes. Maybe someone will chime in that can enlarge the pictures but more than likely real. JMO

XXXGoldL34M20 11-07-2014 06:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes it is legit.
Car was not ordered with a Posi rear, No power steering, No Stripes or Cowl Induction. Antique Medium Saddle Coated Fabric Bench seat with Auto on the Column as pictured.
Very Different combo though from the rest as there were not to many 2 tone SS cars ordered.
Very limited options outside the mandatory SS Stuff, Tinted Windows, AM Radio, Rear Speaker, 2 Tone Paint and Vinyl coated seats.
I can picture a made to order SS car for a family cruiser ordered by the dealer as this is not an XXX Customer ordered car. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Supergas990 11-07-2014 08:15 PM

Thanks for the help.

Blair

Postsedan 11-07-2014 09:54 PM

Sorry, I have TO VENT HERE!

I wish - People would STOP displaying their documents on any open forum! There are already enough fake Build Sheets out there.....we don`t need to give them more amo [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]

If you wish to show someone your document send a pm or email. Lets protect these cars that we all love - it`s just Proper Etiquette, URGH!

Dan

XXXGoldL34M20 11-07-2014 10:29 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, I have TO VENT HERE!

I wish - People would STOP displaying their documents on any open forum! There are already enough fake Build Sheets out there.....we don`t need to give them more amo [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]

If you wish to show someone your document send a pm or email. Lets protect these cars that we all love - it`s just Proper Etiquette, URGH!

Dan </div></div>

Dan I agree with you totally 100% but it's way to late as you can download Hundreds off the internet at any given time from Google images. I personally have never posted my Build Sheet on the internet and plan to keep it that way [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] I easily add at least 20 to 30 build sheets to my File collection of 1970 Chevelle's every year including this one.

Postsedan 11-07-2014 10:34 PM

Sad - Dan are you attending 2014 MCACN in 2 weeks?

Hope to see you there [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dan

XXXGoldL34M20 11-07-2014 10:51 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sad - Dan are you attending 2014 MCACN in 2 weeks?

Dan </div></div>

Wish I could go but can't find anyone to go with from here.
I went a couple of years ago when they had all the 1969 Copo ZL1's in the center along with a bunch of Black LS6's in another area.
Wish I lived closer as it was fun to meet Rick Nelson, Bob Ashton and his wife, Charlie Lillard, Dennis Cumby and a whole slew of other muscle car freaks like myself (Hope I spelt all your names right) I will come back one year soon and hopefully it's this year. Would like to meet other new people like you Dan [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Postsedan 11-07-2014 11:00 PM

Ha - How did we miss each other? I put on the &quot;LS6 Display&quot; that year [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]

Keep us posted if you can make it....if not 2015 for certain [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dan

Ryan1969Chevelle 11-08-2014 12:53 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sad - Dan are you attending 2014 MCACN in 2 weeks?

Dan </div></div>

Wish I could go but can't find anyone to go with from here.
I went a couple of years ago when they had all the 1969 Copo ZL1's in the center along with a bunch of Black LS6's in another area.
Wish I lived closer as it was fun to meet Rick Nelson, Bob Ashton and his wife, Charlie Lillard, Dennis Cumby and a whole slew of other muscle car freaks like myself (Hope I spelt all your names right) I will come back one year soon and hopefully it's this year. Would like to meet other new people like you Dan [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

What?

Come with me and my Dad, we would be glad to travel together!!

Book a flight out of Kitchener airport like us.

E-mail or PM if you are in!

Otherwise you are going to miss our 11 L89 cars/truck:-(

Ryan