The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Muscle Car Confidential book by Joe Oldham (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135076)

flyingn 11-26-2015 03:01 PM

Muscle Car Confidential book by Joe Oldham

Anyone have an old copy they wanna sell? Is it worth getting one for my library?

tom406 11-26-2015 03:31 PM

Re: Muscle Car Confidential book by Joe Oldham

It's a good book. Oldham is a great writer, objective and relatable. I have always enjoyed his take on going street racing with press cars in New York back in the day. The book balances his take on cars from his notes back then and seamlessly weaves in his modern perspective. I didn't realize the book was out of print and sought after already.

Tracker1 11-26-2015 04:17 PM

It's a great book.

flyingn 11-26-2015 05:30 PM

thanks ..

COPO_Anders 11-27-2015 08:18 AM

Itīs a book you need to have !

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif[/img]

flyingn 11-27-2015 11:40 AM

looks like Im a gonna be getting one

SeattleCarGuy 11-30-2015 03:29 PM

Funny, I was just re-reading this book yesterday. Definitely a must have!

Question though; the opening inside flap says that Joe has written several books about musclecars. Does anyone know his other books?

TMagda 11-30-2015 07:41 PM

Amazon has it for $86. And some others written by him.

69hurstSC 12-01-2015 01:43 PM

At that point in his career I don't believe he had wrote any books. He contributed to Motion Performance by Marty Schorr and The All American Muscle Car, both post Muscle Car Confidential.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SeattleCarGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, I was just re-reading this book yesterday. Definitely a must have!

Question though; the opening inside flap says that Joe has written several books about musclecars. Does anyone know his other books? </div></div>

StealthBird 12-02-2015 04:01 AM

It's a great book! I think the most fascinating thing was how he admitted there were times when he did not actually take a car down the 1/4 mile due to a number of circumstances, so he made up the 1/4 numbers based on his seat-of-the-pants feel in order to get his article in under the magazine deadline.

I've mentioned this before (and this is NOT to criticize the overall book, I think it's great!), but Joe's memory of the 1969 Firebird 400 road test contained within the book are incorrect. He states it was one of the rare 1969 Firebird RAIV cars, 1 of 157 built, but it wasn't.

S'ok though, it's still a must-have book. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]