The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Thankyou Warren Malkin, Mark Malkin and Chris White. JL8 Z28 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174662)

Charley Lillard 02-11-2023 11:03 PM

Thankyou Warren Malkin, Mark Malkin and Chris White. JL8 Z28

10 Attachment(s)
Many of you knew the late Warren Malkin and what a obsessed perfectionist he was when it came to Camaro stuff. He collected the rare stuff to the nth degree. Warren bought this Z28 in the 80's and parked it shortly after he bought it. I think he was the second owner. The first owner was James Patterson the director of SCCA. A few years ago as Warren was becoming Ill he and Chris White worked up a plan to get his Z28 up and drive-able before he was to ill to drive. Chris added the NOS crossram hood, rare GM single four barrel adapter that screwed to the hood and a equally rare NOS snorkleless air cleaner. GM prop rod, Gm hood pins etc. It's a mostly orig paint 25K mile car. Warren didn't get to drive it when Chris had it ready but he did come to MCACN with it. Chris told me about the car and said he was going to market it for Mark, Warren's brother. I couldn't stand it after being tortured by Chris with pics and info so I bought it. I'm very proud to own it and very sad Warren isn't around to enjoy it. This is a special Z that was owned by a special guy. Thanks Warren. R.I P.
Kudos to Chris White for helping Mark with a bunch of stuff and doing it because Warren was his friend.

Charley Lillard 02-11-2023 11:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Charley Lillard 02-11-2023 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jon Mello I stole some of your MCACN pics.Car isn't here yet but had to post.

Steve Shauger 02-11-2023 11:09 PM

Congratulations what an iconic car.!!!

Charley Lillard 02-11-2023 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Z when new.

1967Z28 02-11-2023 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley Lillard (Post 1614512)
Jon Mello I stole some of your MCACN pics.Car isn't here yet but had to post.

I thought I recognized those. LOL

Congrats Charley. I'm very pleased the car has gone to you. I think Warren would be pleased as well.

scuncio 02-11-2023 11:18 PM

Great car. Warren was proud of that one…spoke about it when we were dealing on some rare parts.

Pusher_Man 02-11-2023 11:30 PM

I’m tempted to say shame on you for not mentioning it is a JL8 car in the description :)

Killer car. Congrats, Charlie.

Ls6 Ragtop 02-12-2023 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the kind words Charley, Warren was without a doubt the most knowledgeable 69 Camaro enthusiast I will ever have the pleasure to have called friend.
His passion for everything 69 Camaro was certainly unsurpassed. You are getting an incredible car. Only correction The picture I sent you today is a picture of his brother Mark behind the wheel, 1 last time. Here's a nice picture I took of Warren helping prep his car before we brought it to MCACN...

ScottG 02-12-2023 03:24 AM

Beautiful car !! Congratulations , impressive history .