The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   200 MPH Motorcycle Texas Highway in traffic (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175733)

Ralph Spears 05-29-2023 01:15 PM

200 MPH Motorcycle Texas Highway in traffic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oambro3CTCg

Tenney 05-29-2023 03:17 PM

Makes a little more racket that the 'ol shaft-drive boxer twin ...

BJCHEV396 05-29-2023 07:47 PM

I don't get it....idiots driving recklessly and endangering other people on the roads!

Ralph Spears 05-29-2023 08:37 PM

Drivers texting or drunks & wrong way drivers are a greater danger.

L_e_e 05-29-2023 08:45 PM

I totally agree, an absolute display of the disregard for the safety other lives as well as his. I can relate to the euphoria of speed on a hot street bike as it is an addiction that’s hard to kick, hopefully he gets to grow older and wiser….

Lynn 05-29-2023 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph Spears (Post 1623605)
Drivers texting or drunks & wrong way drivers are a greater danger.

I really don't know which one is more dangerous. For several years now, I have been saying that texting is more dangerous than drunk driving (unless one is just plastered). At least the guy who is buzzed is TRYING to keep it between the ditches. I don't make that statement to justify drunk driving. Both are dangerous and incredibly stupid; not to mention the absolute disregard for the lives of others.

Because there are so few people doing 200 mph on a bike compared to the millions texting and driving, I doubt there is any way to verify which one is more dangerous. The bottom line is: does it really matter WHICH one is MORE dangerous?

I had a very fast bike in 1982-83. It was the fastest street bike available. As Lee said, that kind of acceleration is addictive. It "only" did 134. Nothing compared to these modern bikes. The only time I ever tested it out was on a long stretch of two lane black top at night with no traffic. Even that was stupid, and almost cost me my life. I sold the bike the next day.

If this guy goes down, I only hope he doesn't injure someone else.

useless tony 05-29-2023 09:13 PM

Well ... call me the voice of stupidity but that was one hell of a ride :)

I was grinning like an idiot once he started riding (and all through it) and loved every second of it :)

I gotta admit though, I was cringing at the rpm's on the dyno.

Thanks for posting ... the smile is still on my face :)

I'd say this guys days are numbered though ...

67since67 05-29-2023 10:10 PM

IMO it's the world we live in today, lack of responsibility for our actions.

Forty plus years ago I also had the fastest street bikes in my garage. I've had (have) many cars that would go deep into triple digits, but there's a time and place for that.

In the last week, I have four stories of biker irresponsible (stupid) actions. But also, twice, had to take evasive action for a distracted text'r crossing into my lane on the Interstate.

If just one of those vehicles he was blasting by at triple their speed would have drifted or changed lanes, game over. - Bill W

169indy 05-29-2023 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67since67 (Post 1623609)
, but there's a time and place for that.

In the last week, I have four stories of biker irresponsible (stupid) actions. But also, twice, had to take evasive action for a distracted text'r crossing into my lane on the Interstate.

If just one of those vehicles he was blasting by at triple their speed would have drifted or changed lanes, game over. - Bill W

^^ Exactly^^

I do not mind the triple digit speeds, just get there in a sane manner then go crazy. Take it to a Track to really impress.

Crush 05-29-2023 11:13 PM

We are probably guilty of doing some stupid maneuvers, I have my fair share! We just didn’t video tape it for the world to see!