The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Rest in Peace my dear friend Dave Lindsley (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154139)

MYSTERYCHEVELLE 03-26-2019 01:50 AM

Dave was a very dear friend of mine. I'm stunned and heartbroken. :( We met many years ago when my life was in turmoil but he helped me see that nothing is forever and life will get better. He was so right!!! He initially contacted me for help authenticating his Aztec Bronze 66 SS felt to be an original Dana car. We had an instant connection well beyond a passion for these cars. Many phone calls. Many emails. Many stories..... over many years!! He once flew me out to California to authenticate his Red 66 SS L-78 and to stay the week with him and his lovely wife "BIRD" and the hospitality he showed me was unreal. Stayed at his home. My choice of cars to drive, tours of his STUFF and meeting his friends along with so much laughter. I'll never forget our time together that week. My daughter was only 6 at that time, but he and Bird never stopped checking in on her .... She's 22 now!! A True Gentleman. A True Car Addict. A True Friend. He never stopped reminding me that Life is Short and to Enjoy everything!! I'm a better man for having known him. I will miss you my former Pennsylvania buddy but I'll never forget you. Sigh ~

BlackL78M22Nova 03-26-2019 03:16 AM

Like with many who have already commented, Dave was a good friend of mine. I met him 22 years ago and remember wrenching on the BB Chevy engine he was preparing for his Forest Green 69 Camaro in his garage. I learned so much from Dave and miss him dearly. Praying for Bird, Marty and family. Mark

mssl72 03-26-2019 05:38 AM

So sorry to hear of Dave's passing. I don't believe our paths had ever crossed, but sounds like he brought a lot of fun and happiness. My condolences to family and friends.

RST 03-26-2019 06:41 AM

I met Dave about a year ago at a local event in my area in Tustin Ca, he was driving his Black Nova, it is beautiful. He was gracious, engaging and a real gentleman … May he rest in peace.

jshep 03-26-2019 10:52 PM

Praying for Dave's family and friends. I thank God for His mercy and grace. None of us deserve it, but I am thankful for the free gift of salvation. May God comfort the family and bring peace into their lives. God bless the folks on this site.

Xplantdad 03-26-2019 11:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If you don't mind-a few more pics of Dave at Enderle on Seventeenth in Santa Ana, Ca....from March 27, 2017

First pic left to right, Mark Sheppard (92646), Holly(Xplantsgirl), Dave(Z28DL) and Dana Hurt(427freak)

Second pic left to right, Mark Sheppard (92646), Dana Hurt(427freak) and Dave(Z28DL)

Xplantdad 03-27-2019 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For the Southern California folks-and anyone else that wants to make the drive-please come help us celebrate the life of a wonderful and caring person, Dave Lindsley.

Please bring your collector car-I am getting more info as to what time you should show up with your collector car...and will post that info here.

I hope to see a bunch of my friends there :)

KenMaisano 03-27-2019 04:08 PM

I will be there. With the Silver Z.

'69Novajoe 03-27-2019 04:33 PM

Thanks for the information Bruce. Will try to get the car up and running by then. In the process of changing out the gas tank right now!! But either way, I'll be there!!

Astock 03-27-2019 04:54 PM

Dave would always get me motivated-one last time. I'll dig out the Goat, dump the 13 yr old gas, and throw something on for wheels and tires. See you guys there.