The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   1952 F1: Flames to Fantastical! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155354)

olredalert 06-09-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A12pilot (Post 1450833)
Wrong!!:naughty: Why do I get myself into these predicaments? Why can't I ever have nice cars? Why do I crave creating crap into crystal?? :eek2:

After looking over the truck cab, the fire did such a number on it that a donor cab was needed. So where's one to find a 1952 F1 cab laying around? Welp, glad you asked! I live in nowhereville now, and as such, these trucks are pretty plentiful around here. So, like I do eeeeevvvryyyy morning: (ssssiiippp)ahhhhh.... man that's good coffee. Alrighty, let's see...craigslist....Dallas....(tippity-type)....1952.........(enter)....hmmmm......"1952 Ford F1 flathead solid" [snort]ppllffllppp....cough....(coffee through the nose) Holy Crap! That's it!!

And two days later, it's in the shop! 100% complete 1952 F1 with an 8BA flatty and 4 gear on the floor! More to come.....:burnout:

Cheers
Dave

----Was afraid of that, Dave, but as usual you handled it in a strait forward way and now you are on the right track. Keep up the good work!......Bill S

Chazman 06-09-2019 04:08 PM

Excellent thread!

A12pilot 06-11-2019 12:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys, and yes Bill S, that fire did a number on the cab. Just way too much warpage. Surprisingly, the fenders are usable along with some front sheet metal. Hood is wavier than the North Atlantic, but the donor truck has a nice one. I'll start tearing into that over the next few days. I'm doing a sit and wait thing with it: let the truck sit and wait for all the nasty spiders to build their webs so I can smush 'em!:eek2:

And we're exploring going the flathead route too! Always wanted to build one and from my understanding, this is the version to do! :scholar:

Cheers:beers:
Dave

SuperNovaSS 06-11-2019 03:50 PM

Well done Dave. Thanks for sharing. What. The SBF does not look bad in the valley pan. Think its a survivor?

Jason

67since67 06-11-2019 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by A12pilot (Post 1451151)
And we're exploring going the flathead route too! Always wanted to build one and from my understanding, this is the version to do! :scholar:

Cheers:beers:
Dave

Yes, keep the Flattie!!

A12pilot 06-13-2019 02:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Yep, the 289 survived on the long block, but the externals reverted to a more molten state. Which really made removal of all the parts pretty easy! :smile: But we're probably going the flathead route! :laugh::biggthumpup:

Old frame painted, and the best part about that? I'll need to repaint when I grind off the 289 mounts and install the flattie mounts. I prefer to rework things a few times before getting it right. Anyone can do things once! :scholar: Guys like Mikey and such. Man, they do this hobby no justice!!:rolleyes2:

So now with the shop covered in soot, what better icing on top than to add some rat droppings, mud, sticks, broken glass, beer bottles, and a whole lot of assorted whatnot! Most of these bolts came out as easily as the other truck, with one exception: they all snapped. But, that's OK. The doors, cab corners/ rockers/jambs are all mint! Floor? Mmmmm.. not so much. But that's an easy fix. I'll have this down to the frame next week.

Kroil in the cylinders and the motor turned over by hand. Time to yank this bad boy out! More to come.....

Cheers :beers:
Dave

Ryan1969Chevelle 06-13-2019 07:50 PM

Almost done now.

Reveal next week?

Ryan W31

mssl72 06-13-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1969Chevelle (Post 1451556)
Almost done now.

Reveal next week?

Ryan W31

I would guess he's installing glass right now!

Crush 06-13-2019 09:06 PM

I need to drink more coffee......

454_Malibu 06-14-2019 01:14 AM

Red Bull