The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Ash tray replating (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127510)

DaJudge 06-04-2014 01:38 AM

Ash tray replating

I can't stand messed up ash trays on a restoration . Who are you guys using to replate your ash trays.
Thanks in advance

Mr70 06-04-2014 02:14 AM

Re: Ash tray replating

Knew a guy who bought an unrestored SS Chevelle 23 years ago,just to harvest it's very clean ashtray insert to put in his other restored Chevelle.

parkbrau 06-04-2014 04:42 AM

Now that's dedication........

Woj 06-04-2014 12:25 PM

I once bought a 69 Chevelle 4 - door for the ash tray and headlight bezels. It had major damage to the driver's side doors, but was able to drive it from Long Island to Cleveland. Subsequently got caught in a snow storm in the Poconos, got a hotel room, then went out in the blizzard and removed the bezels and ashtray. I figured that I was going through this.much trouble for these parts that I'm not going to take a chance and lose them.

Phil Woj

Ryan1969Chevelle 06-04-2014 12:29 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I once bought a 69 Chevelle 4 - door for the ash tray and headlight bezels. It had major damage to the driver's side doors, but was able to drive it from Long Island to Cleveland. Subsequently got caught in a snow storm in the Poconos, got a hotel room, then went out in the blizzard and removed the bezels and ashtray. I figured that I was going through this.much trouble for these parts that I'm not going to take a chance and lose them.

Phil Woj </div></div>

That story is GOLD.

Ryan

Postsedan 06-04-2014 12:29 PM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] Great Story [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dan

Dusk Blue Z 06-04-2014 08:28 PM

I used Rochester Overnight Plating. I don't have them in front of me now for a picture but they came out great. Mike Spaziano is the guy to talk to at 585-328-1984. $15.00 for two and he made the one that was used look just like new.

Mike

DaJudge 06-04-2014 08:35 PM

Thanks Mike. Those stories above are great. I was getting worried that I was going to buy a whole car to be a good ashtray [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

galveston 06-05-2014 02:07 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I once bought a 69 Chevelle 4 - door for the ash tray and headlight bezels. It had major damage to the driver's side doors, but was able to drive it from Long Island to Cleveland. Subsequently got caught in a snow storm in the Poconos, got a hotel room, then went out in the blizzard and removed the bezels and ashtray. I figured that I was going through this.much trouble for these parts that I'm not going to take a chance and lose them.

Phil Woj </div></div>

I laughed about that when you told me six years ago, It's still funny! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]