The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   1970 LT-1 New Acquisition. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152988)

Lynn 01-18-2019 02:45 AM

1970 LT-1 New Acquisition.

4 Attachment(s)
I was in high school when this debuted. Even then, I was a small block fan. I always loved the looks of the chrome bumper C3's.

I worked on several big block C3's but liked the handling on the small block so much better.

So, at least for me, although I know the early C3 big blocks are more sought after, this was THE Corvette to own. And, this was the last year for REALLY high compression. That might be an issue if I didn't have access to avaiation fuel (100LL).

Could not pass this one up. Original born with CTU engine, M22 trans and rear. Even still has the original spare and all the AZ original ralley wheels. Missing the original TI distibutor and control box, but still has original carb, alt, deep groove pulleys, intake and exhasut manifolds etc.

I removed the trim rings to transport it. LOOOOONG story on the trip to pick it up, but will relay that later. Drove about 1000 miles yesterday. Got an extra rolling chassis with it.

These are the only pics I have so far. Just got it home about 12:30 a.m this morning.

No PS, no AC, no PB. Roll up windows. One repaint (fair quality base clear showing its age) in 1985. Promised the seller I would send him pics of the first burn out.

Many thanks to James for his guidance while I was checking this out.

seventieshow 01-18-2019 03:17 AM

I watched this on eBay, congratulations, these are great cars.

Xplantdad 01-18-2019 12:01 PM

Congrats, Lynn!

Tracker1 01-18-2019 12:28 PM

Awesome car Lynn, Congratulations! You'll have tons of fun

earntaz 01-18-2019 01:00 PM

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L72Biscayne 01-18-2019 03:41 PM

Congratulations, Nice car. I own a 70 LT-1 for 22 years. That car would rev and pull to the moon. Great car with that combination. Good luck. Dave.

firstgenaddict 01-18-2019 04:09 PM

Congrats Lynn on a Nice complete car... and the rarest year, in a color not often seen - Marlboro Maroon.

I don't see a radio antenna... that would be a real good thing coupled with a M22...
FWIW I couldn't resist - I would have probably dropped the tank by now... lol

Lynn 01-18-2019 04:29 PM

Will do so this weekend. Will keep you posted. Don't know for sure it is an M22. I thought all the LT-1's were, but will investigate more thoroughly over the weekend.

Yes, it has a radio and an antenna. Antenna is just off, and laying inside the car.

olredalert 01-18-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn (Post 1431340)
Will do so this weekend. Will keep you posted. Don't know for sure it is an M22. I thought all the LT-1's were, but will investigate more thoroughly over the weekend.

Yes, it has a radio and an antenna. Antenna is just off, and laying inside the car.

----The 70 LT1 that I bought new had an M21 and several others that I have seen were so equipped. Matter of fact I don't remember ever seeing an M22 equipped 70 LT1......Bill S

seventieshow 01-18-2019 05:47 PM

"Matter of fact I don't remember ever seeing an M22 equipped 70 LT1..."

If you did it would have to be a ZR-1 car. Just look for the A,B or C on the transmission case near where the VIN is. Most later Muncies (69-74) have this, both of my M-21 cars do (letter "B") Nothing is foolproof on these old cars, but that is usually accurate.