The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Garages/shops.. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   New Acreage.... What size shop? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152406)

firstgenaddict 02-08-2019 10:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I went with a 30 x 51 ALL Steel Clear span building just shy of 15' at the centerline 3 - 10' x 10' Drum Doors. I put a deposit on the building and am in the contractor's schedule to begin the first week of April...
I am going with to lay in a 2" foam barrier and then pipe it in PEX for floor heat then pour a 6" floor.
Gray with Cobalt Blue trim.
Grading contractor will be there next week...
General construction type the first photo and the color scheme is the second.

HawkX66 02-08-2019 11:14 AM

That's going to be a great shop. I'm in the process of deciding what I'm going to build at our new place. They want an insane $150k for the unfinished gambrel 50x60 that I want, so I'm either going to build myself or end up with a metal building. I'm leaning towards building it myself. Wood is crazy expensive right now though so I don't know... It's killing me not having a shop!

firstgenaddict 02-08-2019 12:46 PM

I will end up doubling if not larger,
I have an acre of planted hybrid spruce at the front corner, I can push down an area in there and use the other trees as a perfect buffer between the house and the shop.

I was surprised at the pricing - 26-27k erected. not incl concrete.

Neighbor said I have 5-7 deer grazing behind the barn and into the creek every evening. I may hide out in the barn with the camera one evening soon.

Charley Lillard 02-08-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstgenaddict (Post 1434321)
I have an acre of planted hybrid spruce at the front corner, I can push down an area in there and use the other trees as a perfect buffer between the house and the shop.

Neighbor said I have 5-7 deer grazing behind the barn and into the creek every evening. I may hide out in the barn with the camera one evening soon.

Just get some Arlo Camera's and set them out there.

HawkX66 02-08-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstgenaddict (Post 1434321)

Can't hate that. Both the price and the deer. It's really pushing me towards a metal building. Unfortunately the guys around my new house use dogs to "hunt deer" and still call themselves hunters. Even though I have ten acres, it ruined the real hunting and just the enjoyment of watching deer on my property.

73RSLTZ 02-09-2019 01:17 AM

Don’t worry I got my bro covered with a cuddeback game camera. Now he just needs to let me hunt out there.

firstgenaddict 03-12-2019 01:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Grading Contractor has been busy... there were about 200 Spruce Trees taken down and mulched...
Building doors will be facing the bulldozer, rows of Spruces as a break between the road with the building being set about 100 feet off the road.

firstgenaddict 03-19-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A12pilot (Post 1439516)
Sweet! Progress! Watch your money shred up faster than those trees being mulched:blush: But in the end, all worth it!:burnout: looking good!

Cheers:beers:
Dave

It's only money, besides the last I checked they were printing it with WRECKLESS ABANDON... :grin:

Trying to get everything for the pad to be poured in the next couple weeks and running crazy getting ready for the NCRS show in Cinci 2nd week of April.

Crush 03-19-2019 09:07 PM

Not sure what you’re planning to do with the floor as far as coding but I had my concrete died black and when I finished it with a clear Apoxsee it came out like us gray-ish black-ish swirl stain almost. I was a little nervous going in because when they poured it it was black but it really came out cool and I can send pictures if you’d like

Charley Lillard 03-20-2019 02:48 PM

With a dark floor you will need more lighting versus a lighter colored floor. Huge difference.