The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   We Welcome Shirley Shahan aka The Drag On Lady to MCACN! (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155815)

bashton 07-04-2019 07:04 PM

We Welcome Shirley Shahan aka The Drag On Lady to MCACN!

If you joined us last year at the MCACN show, you saw the incredible dealer-themed special display that was created by Ian Webb, Rich Corsello and a whole team of people that gave 110%. Dubbed the "Nash Nutz Invitational", it was a huge hit. Of course the cars were over the top, but it was all the other memorabilia, parts and the display itself that took things to another level. And the best part was the people that made it happen. Like several displays at our show, this became a major party area.

The Nash Nutz will also be hosting Shirley Shahan aka The Drag-On Lady, along with not just one, but TWO of her original drag cars! Seriously...could it get any better?

Shirley Shahan is among the most respected and legendary racers of the late 60's and 70's era, truly a pioneer who was the first female to win an NHRA event back in 1965. She was always a solid contender and national record holder and she drew thousands of fans to tracks across the country. Shirley is a member of both the Drag Racing Hall of Fame and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. And to make things even better, she is a heck of a story teller and a sweet lady that loves to share. We are truly honored to host Shirley, who is joining us from California and will be with us both Saturday and Sunday. Welcome Shirley, we can't wait to have you join us!

Bashton

Xplantdad 07-04-2019 07:06 PM

Wow...how cool is that? :biggthumpup:

SS427 07-04-2019 08:08 PM

Can't wait to hear the stories she has to tell.

Ryan1969Chevelle 07-05-2019 12:18 AM

Will she have a time on stage to share stories?

I would love to hear the whole story!!!

Ryan W31

Tracker1 07-09-2019 01:02 PM

Epic! Can't wait to meet her.

tom406 07-11-2019 04:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
That's great, I can't wait to hear her stories. From everything I read, she was consistently one of the best - managing her driving, herself, and her brand very well, particularly given the era. I'd love to have just about any of her cars, they looked as nice as they ran.

markjohnson 07-20-2019 07:34 PM

Actually had the honor & privilege to meet her today in STL. Anybody that knows me already knows that I’m a pretty hardcore vintage drag racing guy so anytime I get the opportunity to meet one of the legends, I’m there. Her resume is incredible: a ‘63 Z11 Impala, the A990 Race Hemis, the Match Race era, S/S AMX, and then the Pro Stock Hornet. She did it all and did it all well . . .

Mr70 07-20-2019 07:54 PM

One of my all time favorites.Can't imagine all the BS women like her had to put up with back then.

Bill Pritchard 07-25-2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr70 (Post 1455974)
Can't imagine all the BS women like her had to put up with back then.

Just ask Shirley Muldowney!

bashton 08-15-2019 12:32 PM

All I can say is that the AMC display this year is going to be beyond belief....

The "Nash Nuts" are certainly taking things to another level.

Bashton