The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140881)

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 05:18 PM

Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS

3 Attachment(s)
Sold a 1965 Impala 375hp Holley with the rare peanut bowls on eBay. Buyer most likely damaged carburetor purposely on air horn and sent back carburetor with no bowls and other missing parts. Contacted eBay about this, but please beware. He uses two different user names to bait and switch you as well. His name is Albert Hill out of 42 N Madison Drive Three Way, TN. Also uses a Humboldt, TN address. Ebay user names he uses are 1auto123 to bait you and then buys through tradepart1 which is a private feedback account.

SuperNovaSS 01-12-2017 05:44 PM

Re: Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS

WOW! That sucks. Is EBay going to help?

Jason

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 05:57 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperNovaSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW! That sucks. Is EBay going to help?

Jason </div></div>

Just received this Holley back this morning. Contacted eBay and it fell under high value claims. They are looking into it now and they had me report the buyer for misusing returns. I'll find out if they side with me or not at some point.

-Matt

01-12-2017 06:15 PM

That's just evil! Can the air horn be repaired?

Fast67VelleN2O 01-12-2017 06:25 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's just evil! Can the air horn be repaired? </div></div>

I'm sure it could if the piece that was knocked out was just one piece, but it's multiple pieces. Hardest part to replace are the peanut bowls and they're honestly worth more than the rest of the carburetor.

-Matt

cook_dw 01-12-2017 06:27 PM

That sucks... Some people are scum... Good luck and I hope they decide to reimburse you.. He needs his ass double kicked for destroying that carb on top of stealing the bowls..

BJCHEV396 01-12-2017 06:38 PM

Hope you get restitution from EBay Matt.I was screwed on an EBay carb deal a few years ago so I know how you feel.

ne70ss 01-12-2017 06:39 PM

That sucks!

HawkX66 01-12-2017 07:25 PM

Why bother breaking and returning the rest if you're going to steal the bowls? Sounds kind of odd to go through the trouble.

Bill Pritchard 01-12-2017 07:36 PM

Isn't that the guy that all kinds of people have had trouble with? Those TN towns sound familiar [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]