The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Automotive Shipping Company- Advise Please (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156774)

GM Powertrain 08-30-2019 08:12 PM

Automotive Shipping Company- Advise Please

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've had a vehicle shipped. Looking for a auto shipper without a broker to bring a car in from western Nebraska to the Metro Detroit area. Non-enclosed transport is fine. Any advise/help in finding a reputable carrier is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Crush 08-31-2019 12:22 AM

Reliable

azcamaros 08-31-2019 01:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I used these guys to ship from Nebraska to AZ last May, and they did great. It was enclosed and they were very prompt and courteous. I will use them again.

MosportGreen66 08-31-2019 12:41 PM

I just used Inter City Lines for 2 cars from Seattle to NY and it the smoothest auto shipping transaction I’ve ever had.

Dan

Niblet 08-31-2019 01:16 PM

I know who NOT to use.....he advertises on this site....

Niblet 08-31-2019 01:19 PM

I used Reliable 2 times in the last couple of yrs,,they did great....

Tidmack 08-31-2019 01:32 PM

Reliable's reputation as the best in the industry has been earned. If you haven't seen one of their drivers load a vehicle, do a quick youtube search. It's pretty incredible. BUT, there's a pricetag with that level of service and an enclosed trailer.

I've had tremendous service and reasonable prices from R. Johns Transport out of Fremont, IN. They have almost all open trailers, but their drivers communicate regularly, are on time, and treat my cars with great respect. 260-495-2440

Jeff

MYSTERYCHEVELLE 09-03-2019 01:50 PM

It's actually more difficult to find an open trailer transport IMO unless it's a private person vs national co. with insurance etc.

My advice as I ship many cars throughout the country: Depending on who you use, be prepared for the possibility of LONG wait times. This isn't UBER. These BIG Nationally recognized names can often take 2 -3 weeks to even pick up your car. and then to get it to you. It's all logistics and travel routes. ASK Questions when setting it up. How long till puck up. How long till I get my car once picked up. Will my car be off loaded during its trip to to me for another car that needs unloading or loading.

In short. Yes there are several really great transport co out there beyond the big marketed name but just be prepared for delays and variations in prices.

Mr70 09-03-2019 02:48 PM

I agree completely Mike.
I've gone through all that myself,and now just rent an open car trailer from a local supplier to go get the vehicle myself.

GM Powertrain 09-04-2019 01:20 AM

Thanks for all the great info. I've been getting absolutely swamped with quotes. Pricing is all over the board. Phone calls, emails and texts all day from company after company. Like sharks to chum..