The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Garages/shops.. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   4 post drive on lift (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156390)

bilede 08-06-2019 03:52 AM

I bought a 9000lb atlas from greg smith in 2013. Was about $400 bucks more than the light weight ones but other than more capacity its taller and wider to accept my duramax truck. I also can stand up straight under it without bumping my head when just inspecting.
Have had no issues with it at all.

Charley Lillard 08-06-2019 12:50 PM

Neither of mine are anchored and have never had a problem. Nice being able to roll it outside if I want to pressure wash the bottom of a car.

Jonesy 08-06-2019 01:48 PM

I also bought a 9,000 lbs Atlas from Greg Smith Equipment. Its not bolted to the floor and rolls around if I need to move it. 120volt setup. I can easily stand underneath it. I bought the LED light kit so bottom of the car is totally lit up.
Also bought 2 jacks with it. I love it. I think Im going to have to buy another just for storing more cars.
Free shipping to my garage. Good thing I had a skidsteer with forks. This thing was heavy!!

the427king 08-06-2019 02:01 PM

"Neither of mine are anchored and have never had a problem. Nice being able to roll it outside if I want to pressure wash the bottom of a car"

Agreed thats a great option,but having the extended height version with higher posts ,my assembled unit would not roll out of the 8 ft high garage door anyway and I only lost the ability to move it within the garage ,so the choice was easier. That, and I just didnt like the fact the feet would move around the garage

70 copo 08-06-2019 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bend Pack. Very happy with it.

COPO 08-06-2019 09:29 PM

I also have several Atlas lifts from Greg Smith that I use primarily for storage. I usually buy the EXT version which allows a higher lift. Super reliable and easy to move around. Came with ramps, wheels, drip pans, and the jack plate. Hard to beat the price and quality seems good.

flyingn 08-07-2019 12:08 AM

I have a Bend pac HD-9ST 9000 lb narrow lift for standard garages and it works great. VERY happy with it. Love the pneumatic stops so no walking to each end to release when I want to lower it. Just push a button and down it comes.

nova67 08-07-2019 05:46 PM

lifts

I have a 16ft high ceiling and 14 and 10ft high doors so any clearances arent a problem.

Ricks72Z28 08-08-2019 05:27 PM

Mine is not bolted, but I put 4 heavy duty rubber pads underneath it so it stays put on my epoxy floor.

Billohio 08-10-2019 01:11 PM

I bought a challenger and set it up myself this spring. It is not bolted and I havent really used it much yet but one thing I dont like is you have to hold the unlatch lever until it it clear to the floor. Not real handy. It was super heavy and like a previous poster, skid loader was real handy. I could have gotten a bendpak also from the same place. I am not thrilled my salesman didnt tell me about the lever. He did say they could get parts better from challenger.