The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Do you watch/listen to automotive television/media? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=164113)

JP Emerson 11-16-2020 06:27 PM

Do you watch/listen to automotive television/media?

Just curious if automotive television/video/Youtube/ or podcast interests you.

Obviously I have an investment in some of this but with the limited avenues for information today what is your go to? (Aside from this site:beers:)

What will become the automotive "information and entertainment" resource?

JP

Lee Stewart 11-16-2020 06:34 PM

Yes - Jay Leno's Garage on YouTube.

JP Emerson 11-16-2020 06:37 PM

Jay has a great show! It covers many aspects of the collector and modern car audience. It also has no manufactured drama!

JP

cruiserofland 11-16-2020 06:50 PM

I've been really impressed with Motor Trend's expanding TV offerings, including a lot of their own produced content. I absolutely love Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, and Engine Masters, and been both inspired and educated. We can't take for granted that there is an engine dyno show with Steve Brulé!

For the modern side of things, BBC posts a lot of highlights on YouTube from Top Gear, and Chris Harris knows how to wring the neck of whatever car he's throwing around. And not everyone's cup of joe but I still get a lot of laughs from the automotive adventures / travel show that is The Grand Tour.

1967 4K 11-16-2020 06:53 PM

Anything

I watch anything and everything automotive related on TV.

Richard

BCreekDave 11-16-2020 07:14 PM

On YT, i watch Jay Leno's, Nick's Garage, Musclecar of the Week, MCACNTV (soon), Patrick Glenn Nichols.
For Podcasts, V8Radio, Steve Mags, and some guy JP Emerson:biggthumpup:

cook_dw 11-16-2020 07:36 PM

I used to listen to Power and Speed podcast as they had people from the industry on to talk about technology, innovations, tuning etc.. But they haven't had one in a while. No TV shows for me and youtube is subjective but I do enjoy Frieburger and Brule on Engine Masters. Haven't had a chance to listen to your podcast but it is on my list to download some episodes.

JP Emerson 11-16-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiserofland (Post 1522579)
I've been really impressed with Motor Trend's expanding TV offerings, including a lot of their own produced content. I absolutely love Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, and Engine Masters, and been both inspired and educated. We can't take for granted that there is an engine dyno show with Steve Brulé!

For the modern side of things, BBC posts a lot of highlights on YouTube from Top Gear, and Chris Harris knows how to wring the neck of whatever car he's throwing around. And not everyone's cup of joe but I still get a lot of laughs from the automotive adventures / travel show that is The Grand Tour.

MT does have some very nice programs and I do see the focus nearly 100% in the direction od simple programming. (ie: a guy or two with a single camera who really does most of the work. You get a lot of up close detail and "how to" with some of them. My friend Ant Anstead does a great job of this on his shows.

The BBC/Top Gear offerings are fun too as you see plenty of "wringing" of the cars much like we did years ago. These are fun too but as you said, can be an acquired taste.

JP

JP Emerson 11-16-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967 4K (Post 1522580)
I watch anything and everything automotive related on TV.

Richard

I pretty much give them all at least a try. Some make the cut/some don't but I give them a chance to lose me.

JP

JP Emerson 11-16-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCreekDave (Post 1522582)
On YT, i watch Jay Leno's, Nick's Garage, Musclecar of the Week, MCACNTV (soon), Patrick Glenn Nichols.
For Podcasts, V8Radio, Steve Mags, and some guy JP Emerson:biggthumpup:

I wasn't aware that MCACNTV was happening?

You mention some great shows also. I really enjoy listening to a combination of informative programming as well as just conversation and banter.

That JP guy should probably stick to writing...or so I'm told. :beers:

(That) JP :biggthumpup: