The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Black L78 1969 SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Found (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121315)

Rixls6 02-23-2013 01:52 PM

Re: Black L78 1969 SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Found

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rixls6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember that car street racing in the late 80's.
That hood is one of a kind.
I dont have any storys to tell abou it. </div></div>

Jimbo,
I was hoping to find someone in the Detroit area that might remember the car street racing. Like you say, the hood is 1-of-a-kind.
Could you say where they street raced it exactly as it might help me track down a previous owner? PM me if you don't want to let on where that was. </div></div>
All I remember is the hood cut out. Dont even remember what the purpose was.
Could have seen the car a couple places. French Rd or Outer Drive on the East side. Possibly Telegraph, that would be the West side.
Basically nothing is all I got. Sorry.

Maybe post on YellowBullet or Milan Dragway forum.Someone will know the car. </div></div>

Thanks, I'll check out those forums. Do you remember if the car was blue at that time, or yellow or red? It was all those colors along the way.

chevyman0429 02-23-2013 01:54 PM

Rick,
I was born and raised on the street racing scene in Detroit and I have never seen this car before. I did have a pretty extensive conversation with the kid u bought it from and ha said that it was indeed raced on the streets of Detroit. I do have a few Freinds that live in Detroit that all the know is street racing I will print a copy of your car and go knocking on some doors. Maybe I can spoke up a skunk or two.
Mike

Rixls6 02-23-2013 02:17 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chevyman0429</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick,
I was born and raised on the street racing scene in Detroit and I have never seen this car before. I did have a pretty extensive conversation with the kid u bought it from and ha said that it was indeed raced on the streets of Detroit. I do have a few Freinds that live in Detroit that all the know is street racing I will print a copy of your car and go knocking on some doors. Maybe I can spoke up a skunk or two.
Mike </div></div>

Mike,
That would be great. Thanks for any help! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif[/img]

Ryan1969Chevelle 02-23-2013 11:19 PM

Hi ohhawk,

I think I remember some information about this car on team Chevelle, in case you are looking to purchase.

Ryan

Ryan1969Chevelle 02-23-2013 11:22 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rixls6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan1969Chevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, good plan.

Ryan

Is it originally Garnet Red? </div></div>

Yes, factory code 52, Garnet red. </div></div>

Code 52 is by far the best color found on 69 Chevelles.

Very cool to find a post sedan in 52

Ryan

wheelhop 02-23-2013 11:30 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What details do you look for in these cars when determining the real deal? Here's an example on an L78 version....no paperwork and non matching #s motor...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ULTRA-RAR...=item2a29a97661 </div></div>

buyer beware on this one.

ohhawk 02-24-2013 01:30 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan1969Chevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi ohhawk,

I think I remember some information about this car on team Chevelle, in case you are looking to purchase.

Ryan </div></div>

No, not interested in purchasing but was interested to learn a bit more about this model. Understand what lack of paperwork and matching #s means to the value proposition but beyond that what about this car shows it to be a clone?

L78M22Rag 02-24-2013 02:00 AM

Rick, that Garnet Red Post Sedan is a gorgeous car!! Is that still the original factory paint?

Rixls6 02-24-2013 03:11 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L78M22Rag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick, that Garnet Red Post Sedan is a gorgeous car!! Is that still the original factory paint? </div></div>

Helmut,
The pics make the body look better than it actually is. It has been repainted at sometime and had rust repair before also.

L78M22Rag 02-24-2013 03:46 PM

I guess its the patina that caught my eye. That car will get a lot of attention with a bigger mill under the hood.