The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Big Block Camar Appliance Headers CH4 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177531)

Chuck_Burg 12-11-2023 05:48 PM

Big Block Camar Appliance Headers CH4

I am looking for a set of mint condition Appliance Headers for my 1967 Camaro. The number near the collector is CH4. I had a vey nice set, which I bought from a member here, but they were recently stolen from me:no::dunno::thumbsdown: To say I am heartbroken would be an understatement. I had the headers out of the car to repaint them. I gave the headers to my friend to sandblast them and he put them in the trunk of his car. The next day, his car was stolen and hasn't been recovered. For those of you who know my gold Camaro, you can probably agree that the white Appliance headers were probably the coolest part of the engine bay...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shooting from the hip here.

Thanks,

Chuck

Too Many Projects 12-11-2023 09:39 PM

DAMN, Chuck, that sucks. Who would have thought his car would be stolen with your headers in it ?? What a terrible coincidence.

Chuck_Burg 12-11-2023 10:18 PM

Totally SUCKS!

SuperNovaSS 12-12-2023 06:21 AM

That is terrible. The worst part is the thieves likely chucked the headers. I will let you know if I see anything for sale.

Jason

outlawperformance 12-12-2023 10:17 AM

That sucks! I know how hard these are to find.

Chuck_Burg 12-12-2023 05:27 PM

Thanks guys! I thought the same thing, the thieves probably thought they were just old junk...

Too Many Projects 12-12-2023 09:17 PM

If you have a local craigslist or other "for sale" media, be looking for them to be on there cheap. Most people know what headers are and may try to make a buck off them.

napa68 01-07-2024 07:05 PM

Bump for a worthy cause. Any luck Chuck?

Chuck_Burg 01-11-2024 04:41 PM

No NOS or nice used condition headers yet Jim. Jose, jbtech, had a set he sold me for a good deal. They are very pitted and dented beyond repair but I figure they'll make a good template for a fabricator to make a replica set. Those headers are now at a fab shop in Fresno, CA for that purpose.

Still looking for an NOS or near perfect set if possible!

Chuck_Burg 01-25-2024 05:21 PM

Thanks to this site and the power of the internet, I got a set of NOS CH4 Appliance headers. I am amazed. A guy named Walter, WalterT on the site, was not a member of this site. He was researching Appliance headers online and stumbled on this thread. He made an account and reached out to me. Funny thing is he bought them years ago thinking they'd fit a second gen Chevelle. He quickly realized that wasn't the case and retained them in his shop until discovering they were for a first gen Camaro.

Yesterday I received the headers and they're in great condition. Thank you WalterT for making this happen, you are an awesome guy and very personable. People like Walter are what make this hobby great!