The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   News from the Auction front. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72193)

Charley Lillard 01-15-2003 04:47 AM

News from the Auction front.

The Brown Camaro from Wagners showed up today at the Scottsdale Classic and was promoted as a real COPO. The suspect bidding reached about 70K but the asking price was around 90K. There were not more than 20 Bidders present. At Russo and Steele check in was the ever moving White with Blue interior Lamar Walden COPO. Weather was about 73*.

Jeff H 01-15-2003 12:52 PM

Re: News from the Auction front.

Thanks for the update. When Reggie owned the Brown car, did he promote it as a real COPO or a clone? If he shows up at the auction, you ought to ask him about it. It's about 10 degrees here in NJ right now, I'm just happy my truck started. Hope you didn't forget your sun block! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

mhassett 01-15-2003 02:53 PM

Got to Barrett-Jackson yesterday and there isn't much there yet.. We did see the '69 BLUE Yenko Camaro. There were a couple of nice '69 Z-28's also. It is Carroll Shelby's 80th Birthday so there are alot of Shelby's, Mustangs and Cobra's. The big auction days are Friday and Saturday, the Speed Vision Channel will be broadcasting Both days for sure. I will post more later. Like Charley said it is in the low 70's and feels even warmer. Mark [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

mhassett 01-15-2003 02:54 PM

Sorry guys it's a ( '68 ) Blue Yenko Camaro typing error!! Mark

Mr70 01-15-2003 03:01 PM

Appreciate any news on 1970 Chevelles:L78/LS6 Hardtops & Convertibles as well as Red Alert.Thank You guys,kick Jay Leno for me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

NWYENKO 01-15-2003 03:05 PM

So Mark and Charley, are you guys carrying laptops around with you so you can be reporters on location.? We spent a couple of days at Rancho Mirage and are heading over today. I have decided there is a paradise and this is it. Mid 70's everyday and absolutely beattiful!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jim

mhassett 01-16-2003 12:26 AM

Update: Went over to Russo-Steele today and Ole Red Alert is upfront on display (AWESOME CAR) also next to it is an LS-6 with (26 Miles) Red Original. 429 Boss Mustang and a Hemi Cuda, also (2) nice '67 SS Chevelles. We are getting ready to go to the Big GALA at Barrett-Jackson tonight and tomorrow they will start to auction some cars. Stopped at a grocery store and picked up a trader and it had an ad for a '69 ZL-l Camaro (really) all it said was Expensive.. I'll keep posting. Mark [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

SS427 01-16-2003 02:34 AM

Mark,
Be the first to give us all the skinny on the LS-6's. I am sure Bill is anxious as well. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Rat_Pack 01-16-2003 03:29 AM

Mark, keep an eye out for some really good fake LS6 Chevelles from the southeast. Not sure if they went to Russo/Steele or Barrett-Jackson, I think the later.............RatPack..................

JoeC 01-16-2003 03:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found a picture of RED from the GM Nationals