Thread: 68 Yenco clone
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 68 Yenko clone

Bob, no mystery, I never questioned that in '67 a Yenko Camaro was available with a hydro lifter 427. I do question much of the other info you posted though.

First of all, you state in one of your posts that in '68 the 427 was factory installed, (Camaro Milestones mentioned this)), to date, no concrete eveidence has ever turned up to prove that even one such Camaro was built. Though Yenko and posibly other dealers got some COPOs in '68, they were the Yenko Sportscar (roadrace) Package, not double COPOs as in '69, which received a larger engine.

As per '69s, there is so much mis-information I am not for sure where to start, excpet to say...Please put down that magazine you are using for reference.

Does this sound familiar?

"....When the cars arrived at the dealership on West Pike Street as L-34-optioned Camaros, Yenko and his small team began transformation. Out came the 396 engines, and in went a Corvette 427ci L72 V-8, rated at 435 HP..." Page 22 Camaro Milestones. I could go on, but.. I think everyone gets the picture.

In closing, I realize on other sites, magazines, etc one can sound important and get folks to buy into what they are saying, but on here one best know what they are talking about before posting.

BTW, I would be very careful in how you approach offering advice on the restoration of these cars, as you think this thread has been harsh thus far, many more sharks in that end of the pool.