Thread: Motion Nova????
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Motion Nova????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robber6910</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if this Freddy Calas guy is still alive??? This guy Dan mentions his name all thoughtout this whole ordeal as well as the ex Motion mechanic. What was that guys name??? Why not get something documented from them as well? Granted Mr Rosen might not remember the car but it is a possibility that maybe one of his employees worked on the car? Was Mr Rosen always at the shop everyday? Also has anyone given the thought that maybe this guy Freddie just purchased all the motion parts over the counter and had them installed at a different shop closer to his home? Though it was only a 44 mile drive from Elizabeth NJ to the Motion shop out on L.I., it's a long a*s drive. You'd have to go over the George Washington Bridge, down the Major Deegan then over the Triboro or Whitestone Bridges then down the Van Wyck to the Belt Parkway then out Sunrise Hwy to Motion. What was the normal turnaround time for a conversion to take place?? He'd have to leave it there for a cpl of days then drive all the way back out to motion to pick up the car? It only seems logical that he would buy the parts to do the conversion himself. I would have to believe that there were alot of speed shops out in NJ back during that period. Just wanted to put that thought out there and not trying to step on anyone's toes. </div></div>

I drove 2 hours for my wifes Tahoe and got nothing out of it. I dont think 45 minutes is far fetched. If I had the extra money I would drive to Chicago to get a Nickey car in a second. Thats 10 hours away.

As for the ex mechanic He was alive a few years ago when I met him, Long before I knew Dan. And he told me a few stories of shenanagens with documentation of motion cars. ( yes it could be a pissed ex employee) But his motion chevelle was cool, and the pics of it getting worked on with Joel by his side where cooler. Only time will tell!