View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 06:40 AM

Default Body off restoration or not ?

Guys - I'm trying to decide which direction to go here... I recently purchase a documented, '69 Impala SS... highly option vehicle with paper work going back to day 1. The vehicle originated from the mid west, it's really clean underneath ( floors, trunk, frame etc.. is spotless ), the areas of concern is both rear quarters ( around the lip and behind the tire - very common ) and both front fenders at the heel - very common as well with this year vehicle. I have nos rear quarters that can be used as patches and next month I'll be picking up a pair of nos front fenders. With the purchase of the vehicle came a lot of nos parts ( headliner, carpet, body side moldings, wheel well trim, rocker, scripts etc), I have friends that are telling me to just do a cosmetic restoration, but others are telling me to go ahead with a full body off restoration....I'm kinda at a cross road in which direction to go here... out of the total production of '69 Impalas, they only produced 2455 of the SS version, so I would considered it rare and with all the options that it has, it will only go up in value ( I hope ! ) I'm in no rush with this project, so I have time to look at the different options.

Thanks
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 45278.jpg 45277.jpg 44468.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...