View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Just talked to the seller. He bought this car as part of a package in order to get the car he really wanted, a 67 Belvedere II Silver Special with the Hemi in it, a one of one car that went thru Barrett a few years back and was bought by the owner of this Savoy. The Savoy's owner passed away about 10 years ago and the current owner bought the two cars from the widow, she didn't want to break up her husband's collection. Steve, the current owner and seller, did not like the way the original vin tag was affixed to the car so he had a new one made. He used these guys >> http://www.datatags.com/ and sent him Galen's paperwork, a picture of the fendertag, etc. In hindsight he's obviously wishing he never did, but he's a perfectionist and the trim tag was in horrible shape so he had the new one made.

I'm sorry, but I am not that up on the way these older MAX cars were built, I'm a 67-up guy.

I'm waiting to get a pic of the OLD/Original tag to see why it needed to be replaced, I also wrote to the guys that re-did the tag to see if they hold on to the old ones as Steve can't find it among his records.

Sorry again for all this confusion - price has dropped to $80k - thanks guys!
71 340 Duster / 69 Road Runner Convertible