View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Nice car, I can share what I know. As I understand this car has its original fender tag and 2 original Broadcast Sheets. I'm not sure if any third-party inspection has been performed, but owner and restorer Peter Klutt told me the car retains its original body. He also said the car has its original transmission but not the original motor (which is believed to still exist in Western Canada somewhere). The "14" Production total referenced in Mecum's auction description is not correct for this car. Yes, there were 14 Hemi 'Cuda convertibles produced for US-shipments in 1970, plus another 3 for Canada and 1 known Export, bringing the grand total to 18. Since this car was one of the 3 Canadian cars it would be more correct to refer to this as one of 3, or more comprehensively one of 18, but technically it was not one of the 14 sold in the US. Of these 18 cars, the 6 4-speeds are being held hostage by longterm owners, the most recent sale being the other FY1 Yellow Canadian car, a 4spd that I believe retains its original motor, which sold for $2.675M at Mecum in 2016. Whether the prices for these rare cars have increased or decreased since 2016 is debatable, but being one of the 12 Autos this particular car should be a bit more accessible.

- Wade

Last edited by cudino; 04-10-2019 at 07:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cudino For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (04-10-2019), Xplantdad (04-10-2019)