View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriperSS View Post
I worked for Dick Irwin Chev Olds in North Vancouver in the 70's(formerly Mander Chev Olds), and the sales manager would hit the roof every time an odd color combo would come in off the car carrier. If it was a custom order, he'd insist on a big deposit, because he didn't want to get stuck with it. If it was a stock order, the one who ordered it would get a tune up! LOL
Haha. Been there, done that. I'm the inventory manager at Chevy Cadillac dealer now and I've been ordering cars for almost 20 years now. Sometimes I like to order unusual combos just to have something different on the lot.

Back in 2001 or 2002, I was able to order a Silver WS6 Trans Am with Taupe interior. It was a color combo that, for most of the year wasn't available and it was never published that you could order that combo. I was just playing around with orders and the system let me order that combo one day so I let it ride.

When the car came in, it was not attractive at all and our GM did not approve of my decision. The car sold within 2 days of hitting the lot and my ordering was never questioned again after that. lol

That car had to have been a one of less than 5 ever made. It was a 6 speed too. I still have a copy of the invoice somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to GearheadSS For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (11-15-2019)