View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 11:59 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
Most people here talk like they would take care of the seller and give them a retail price but many have not been in this situation and I honestly think you might act differently if you were the buyer while some of those same people have done just what they are arguing against. Go figure. Buying for $40k and selling for $225k is obviously a stretch but would you tell the seller they were too low if the difference was only $20k? I doubt it. Who here has not bought a home or other properties that were way below market value and in hopes of making a nice profit when selling yet no one has any issues with that????

Though I am comparing cents to dollars is this any different than going to a swap meet where someone is selling a BE rear for $2500 and you stumble across it? Would you HONESTLY tell the guy he is an idiot and his differential is worth many times that and give him the money or would you quietly and quickly dig in your pocket and start grabbing the $2500 cash to make the purchase? I can tell you honestly that I have gone to swap meets and found LS6 1111437 distributors or similar items for under $100 and quietly paid the seller and moved on. Can you people with all honesty tell me you have not done the same? I am in NO WAY condoning the situation with this COPO but am trying to make the Monday morning quarterbacks look at it from both angles.

Again, I am in no way condoning this particular situation nor am I taking sides, just trying to be realistic.
Like the real stamp 814 alternator that sold on FB Marketplace last night for $200? I don't need it but sure as heck offered to buy it just to keep it on the shelf for the 'who knows maybe one day' narrative... I have a pic of the listing too which I can edit in this evening.

Dan
cook_dw (02-22-2020)