View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 04:21 PM

Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,244 Posts

Had a hard time getting 5 gallon buckets of Evapo-Rust up here in the Canada so I ordered some up through Fastenal. Now that they have arrived, I can start cleaning up all the bit and pieces that have any light corrosion or any minor rust. The first item to start with are the V75 liquid tire chain dispensers. They were tired looking originals that I knew I could clean up, and after a quick 12 hour dunk in an old tub of evapo-rust, they are already look 5x better.

I've cleaned them up and wiped them down now. Next I will soak them for 24 hours in a fresh pail of this miracle juice before adding a couple new AC Delco labels to the old lids. These are going to look great when they are done and have just the right patina now. Can't wait to have the entire system installed in the car. Here are some progress pics of the cannister clean up.

BEFORE CLEANING

And After a quick soak in Evapo-Rust

I love this stuff!

More when the cannisters come out of a 24 hour soak in the new batch. Should be good to go after a rinse down with a wipe.
big gear head (08-25-2020), Chuck_Burg (08-25-2020), dykstra (08-26-2020), Tracker1 (08-28-2020), X66 714 (08-25-2020)