View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 12:36 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,526 Times in 736 Posts

My bad on the stripe color, since I do not want a vinyl top I wasn't familiar with the nuances of stripe color with different vinyl top colors. I really don't think the car you linked in this post is terribly overpriced, and it seems to have a lot going for it. If it's as nice as it's being advertised to be and you could get it for around $42 - $45K I think you'd be OK. Nice that it still has all the original interior, and now with the stripe color not being an issue, the possibility of at least partial original paint is also a plus for the type of car you're looking for. The 350hp 396 is still a fairly strong engine but not as fussy as the 375hp. Very cool that you're trying to find something close to your dad's old car. Your dad is only 4 yrs older than me and Lord knows I still love getting out and going thru the gears, so hopefully he will get to enjoy it too.

The OO of my convertible ordered it in late November of 68 and she took delivery of it on January 17, 1969, so close to the same time frame as your dad's car

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60

Last edited by Bill Pritchard; 10-07-2020 at 12:39 AM.