View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 08:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,836 Times in 1,630 Posts
Default Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubleyman View Post
I would be curious to see the ownership history on the silver 63 Z06?

Let me share a story with y’all that may be 100% true as told to me, but hopefully it contains no truth to it at all. FYI - I have no information or knowledge about this specific car and it’s probably exactly as advertised. I have no intention to discredit this car in any fashion.

Long ago I had a close friend / car partner (who was a very knowledgeable midyear enthusiast that owned historically significant cars) and we bought and sold a variety of cars together. He was a “too honest” kind of guy, and when it came to selling stuff he would talk down his own asking prices before potential buyers ever tried to. I took over the sales efforts after a while…

At some point he told me a story about one of his other good friends ’63 Z06 adventure. This 3rd party person was also very well versed in midyear Corvettes.

Anyways, this 3rd person supposedly owned a damaged silver 63 Z06 and acquired a near mint all original low mileage silver 63 in order to perform a transplant. He surgically transferred all the appropriate pieces from one to the other to end up with a flawless correct original paint Z06.

I never saw that car or asked Mr. 3rd person anything about it, because I probably wasn’t supposed to hear the story in the first place. I did question some of the cars and parts that I bought or tried to buy from him after that.

I can’t be the only one who heard this story. After all these years, I would love to know if there actually is any truth to it.

Charlie
----Charlie,,,What you heard is totally untrue. This Z06 showed up at either the 2nd or 3rd ever Fall Carlisle, and I was there to see it and try to buy it from the original owner who was from new York state. My friend, Jack Murray, whom I didn't even know at that time was also there and tried to buy it. Owner was taking offers but wouldn't commit. In the end we all went home discouraged. a few years later a piece of property was traded for the car and it came to the 2nd owner in Illinois, who just happened to be my insurance man and a truly great guy (RIP Bob Lojewski). Jack also used him for insurance up to his passing and probably tried to buy it every time they talked. His wife, also a very nice lady must have finally decided to pass this truly a treasure on to it's next caretaker. I haven't even looked at the second car yet, but I'm guessing it's the 1966 black on black 427 Corvette coupe that my old insurance man bought brand new.....Bill S

Last edited by olredalert; 02-10-2022 at 08:42 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
carnut4life (02-11-2022), dykstra (02-11-2022)