View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 01:27 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN View Post
I polished the front bumper the other day just to clean it up a little and make it look better.
That got me looking at the headlight trim pieces which had a little paint on the top edges. So I took the trim pieces off to get the paint off and noticed that they were all installed in the wrong positions - and the screws were all just a mix-match of whatever someone could find.
So I ordered a fastener kit to put all the headlight trim back on with matching screws and such. Which I did - but the kit had to many screws and some nylon/plastic squared off pieces in it. I couldn't find a place for the plastic pieces and I just stayed with the u-shaped clips that the trim screws went into.
I guess if someone worked on enough of these cars they would know just what went where - or were different fasteners used on Chevelles depending on which assembly plant they were made at?
And of course there were no instructions saying where the nylon/plastic pieces went.
Anyway the car is coming along - it is in much better shape and usable now.
Post a pic of what you have and there will be people who can advise you on their usage/locations. The square, plastic "nuts" may be for the adjusting screws for aiming or grille mounting screws, depending on size.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (12-30-2022), TomN (01-01-2023)