View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 11:35 PM

I will say this, I watched one rocker arm (exhaust on number 8) barely move last year. Didn't matter how it was adjusted. So there's something internal, I'm almost sure of it. While I can't speak for the valves and don't know how to identify a bad valve spring, the pushrods themselves look perfect. We must also remember it was, as I like to say, knocking like a Jehovah's witness before the backfires started. You can hear it very well in this old video (Before you knock my head for revving the piss out of it- Pappaw did that, not me. His philosophy was that there was nothing that couldn't be fixed so I imagine he figured if it blew right then and there, well, we could fix it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOTsSMd4dhI

I've checked the plug wires they're new as are the plugs (though I probably should pull the plug and see how it looks- might do that in a minute here), firing order is definitely right.

As far as the brakes, it was the Right Stuff Detailing kit I was eyeing. Nothing super fancy for it, it doesn't need it.

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 03-09-2023 at 11:38 PM.