Thread: New Shop
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 08:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default New Shop

Not much room for 30 feet of the 50 for a trencher. Too close to building. I wish I could have.

FYI on the electrical... Got a couple questions on neutrals and grounds in the panel.
Only the main service panel has the green grounding screw to bond the neutral and grounds together. Sub panel is NOT bonded and has separate ground and neutral bars. This is the way I was taught years ago. NEVER bond the sub panel due to neutral return issues. Stray voltage has nowhere to go properly and tracks off and bleeds into other circuits. Which is not good. Needs a clear path back to the source.

I ended up tieing into the meter panel by myself. I just had the power company come out and disconnect at the transformer. Then I made my connections, torqued them down, installed the meter and called them back. 15 minutes later they popped it back on and "Bobs your Uncle" I had power. That way I could move all around in there, and push wires from inside the building blindly, without worrying about them going up into the hot legs from the pole and lighting me up at 75 THOUSAND volts. Danny
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dannystarr For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (05-05-2023), dykstra (04-06-2023), olredalert (04-06-2023)