View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 02:46 AM

I’m all for electrics but there’s not much room for all the manufacturers we have making them. Tesla is KING of EVs And there’s no way for everyone to get a EVs on the grid just not gonna be able to happen.

Nor should it people should have choices , people should be able to buy and use what they want.

On the note of politics idk why people can’t talk politics that’s just foolish it is involved in every single part of your life. There’s really NOTHING that touches every part of your life other than politics. Censorship annoys the hell out of me . ( remember when people could have spirited debates? Sometimes people even changed their mind on things)

That being said , EVs are run on a number of things and it isn’t electricity ⚡️ it’s coal, it’s the sun (pretty much it’s harnessing the energy of a nuclear blast ) , it’s natural gas, it’s in some cases a diesel generator at times or nuclear fission.

We have .004 carbon in the atmosphere up from .003 . At .002 plants die. It’s a real big issue, That’s why they fly private jets all over the place . Anyone ever seen what a private jet burns for fuel? It’s ain’t green.

Ever seen how rare earth minerals are mined? It ain’t green. Uyghers in China? Not exactly well paid labor? There’s lots wrong with EVs

But they are an amazing car. And some day we’ll have induction charging on the highways and there will be very little reason to ever charge anywhere .
Some day maybe it will be viable for all, but for right now there’s too many issues to take over and not screw up the grid .
Not to mention no one should have anything forced on them I’m a form believer of this…I shouldn’t force my will on you and you shouldn’t on me. Maybe I can plead my case for something but if you choose not to buy into it. Oh well .

This is a good thread and it’s good that people discuss in an uncensored state free to make honest. Points for or against. . There’s nothing wrong with that, But people, Also need to learn to be civil w each other and not EXPECT everyone to have to do as we do or say.
. Debate is good. Information is good, you don’t have to listen to it.
Just my .02 and it’s probably worth .01 �� let’s not take it too seriously, I don’t.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (06-30-2023), markinnaples (06-30-2023), mhurd (06-30-2023)