Thread: Muncie issue
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 02:43 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNovaSS View Post
Andy,

Has this always been an issue or is it fairly new? I agree with Mitch. If it is not going all the way into gear then it could pop out on deceleration. Check bushings and the adjustment by putting a proper drill bit throug the neutral hole in the shifter and check your adjustments. If it’s a Hurst shifter, also be sure the detent limiter bolt is not too tight since limits how far the lever pushes the fork.

LT1Vette,

I disagree on sending it back to the builder. We don’t even know if this is a recent problem or it has been happening all along. Why do you say with certainty that it is an internal issue? After 10k miles, lots can happen. If this has been happening for 10k miles, then lots of damage could have happened simply from having things out of adjustment this long. If it is a recent issue, it could be very simple. Calling the builder to troubleshoot may be an option though.

Jason

I think you answered the question. The OP did not gives all the info at first to help us with the diagnosis. I thought it was a recent build within the year, he was driving the car quite regular and this problem had just popped up. If I follow the story right, the tranny was built a number of years ago. I would hope that this problem has not been ongoing for that reason.
I would call the builder before removal and see what he says, may be just an adjustment, jam nut has backed off causing the problem....