View Single Post
Old 09-20-2023, 11:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,850 Times in 1,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN View Post
I've ordered a new pinion yoke, the Ratech seal mentioned above, and a new pinion nut. Hopefully this will solve this issue.
I did tape a paper shop towel to the bottom of the rear end and take the car to the Pure Stock Muscle Car Race. Changed the shop towel out once while I was there, but it wasn't leaking very much. Someone spoke to me from this list, but I was in a hurry, seems like I was always in hurry while I was there, and I didn't get his name - I would like to thank him for taking the time speak to me.
The car did well for what it is - and it's first time at the track. I got a best of 13.90 and 99 mph. I won about half of the races i had - but I lost my shootout. Over all I had a lot of fun and learned a lot.
Now after I get the pinion seal leak solved - I got to do something to stop the wheel hop. The wheel hop really affected me trying to do a burnout, and how I could leave the starting line. So, more to do yet.
----Hop stop bars will kill the hop. They will change the instant center. You won't even know they are there most of the time, but no more hop. Research it so you are comfortable with the idea!....Bill S
The Following User Says Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
TomN (09-21-2023)