View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 09:55 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,227 Times in 929 Posts

Something like this Sundowner Xtra is what I have been contemplating. In white of course, so it matches my truck.I like the idea of a gooseneck, as the weight is distributed in a much better place in the truck. As I understand it, it is much more stable in a crosswind (or when semi's pass you). Admittedly, I have not driven a gooseneck myself.

With 28-30ft on the floor, I can pull a car forward far enough to get out of it, and just roll it back to tie it down. I originally was thinking about a side door, but fear it takes too much structure out of the trailer. As we know, trailers take a POUNDING.

As I see it, the Sundowner has thicker aluminum than the ATC (both in the walls and roof). I also like how far the front nose of the Sundowner is V'd. It would give me more room between the trailer nose and the cab of the truck when turning.

So, I'll take the opportunity to ask this. Do any of you have experience with a Sundowner? Might there be a suggestion I should be contemplating? I am incorrect in any of my thoughts? We know these things are not cheap, and I hate doing things twice (unless I am buying back a killer car)
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to napa68 For This Useful Post:
dykstra (09-21-2023)