View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 01:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pritchard View Post
In a previous post here I made mention of a friend's 68 Camaro SS396 L89, one of 272 produced that year. Here are some pictures of it when I bought it in early 1980, from another friend. Back story.....I've known this car since 1972, when my friend Bruce bought it from a salvage yard as a running, driving car. He went thru the motor and added headers, a Hurst Super Shifter, and probably a few other goodies that I've forgotten. Factory 4.10 gear, and I think it's an M21, not M22. This thing ran really strong. I had planned to do a total resto on it, but a couple months after I bought it, I had the opportunity to buy a 70 Dodge Hemi Challenger from the original owner, a guy that I worked with. So, I jumped on that opportunity and sold the Camaro to my friend Brian, who still owns the car.
Do you know what ever happened to the 70 Dodge Hemi Challenger from the original owner car? Do you remember what you paid for it back then? I had the opportunity to buy a Plum Crazy 70 Hemi Challenger that had the motor apart, out of the car with 5000 original miles for $3500.00 back in 1977 and I passed on it because I was a Chevy guy and had never worked internally on a Hemi, Young AND Dumb. Bill