View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 12:30 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,153 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----I wonder if you offered another rebuilt big block for this one that obviously needs rebuilding if that might peek his interest. If he's thinking of building something (even if he doesn't) he would have an engine ready to go. What do you think?.....Bill S
The engine is rebuilt and in a running Base Camaro RS. They rechromed the valve covers, use all original components with exception of arp head bolts. When I first spoke to the the current owners they have even considered pulling the motor because of the perceived value of the engine and constant maintenance.

I'm thinking when my car is up and running and I have that MQ engine done I'll do what Chuck (427 King) has advised and do a one time sweet offer of perhaps an engine plus cash plus cost of a swap, I just hope they are open to it.

My car has the docs, the rear, the history, and the hard to find parts. If the original engine can be reunited it will greenlight a restoration and I'd like to show the car at nationals before and after a resto with the original motor sitting beside the car (pre resto). What a story that would be and how cool would it be for the owners of the original motor to be a part of it. They have taken great care of the motor and I'm lucky it's even still around.

67 Camaro L78

Last edited by jbtech; 10-06-2023 at 04:17 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jbtech For This Useful Post:
1967Z28 (10-06-2023), big gear head (10-06-2023), dykstra (10-06-2023), napa68 (10-06-2023), olredalert (10-06-2023), RPOLS3 (10-07-2023)