View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 05:53 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
I'd love to see pics of VIII before it was restored. I think most of us have heard about a guy who bought it but I'm not sure who restored it. And we've heard that the restored car is the original roof, quarters, not sure how much else of the car. And the chassis is owned by someone who's talked about restoring it either to Richie Zul or the Dennis Ferrara eras.
I saw the car a few times over the course of a few years and if no one told me, I’d swear it was a 78ish? Camaro. It even had the taillights and the larger rear window of a later Camaro. But the owner pointed out the work done to enlarge the back window and the most convincing part were the cutouts for the rear qp marker lights from a 70 Camaro that were covered over. Definitely had original 70 Camaro quarters. Other than that, it was a tubbed out, stripped out ex-race car in primer.

BTW, the guy also had what was supposedly a black L-89 69 Camaro ex-racer there ( complete less drivetrain) and one of the 100% real zl-1’s (a roller but totally apart). I was more interested in the ZL-1, but I definitely took pics of the other two cars also. I’m in Brazil for a few months, but I’ll search for my old pics when I get back to the states.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iluv69s For This Useful Post:
bergy (01-27-2024), dykstra (01-27-2024), PeteLeathersac (01-27-2024)