View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 11:17 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,204 Posts

Thanks for the input. To be clear, I did not have issues balancing any of them.

They are just more out of round than I am used to seeing from Michelin tires.

I balanced the tires on Mom's 09 Buick today; 6 month old Michelins installed at Discount tire, and all were out of balance. Mom died on the 17th after a long term battle with COPD and dementia. The family gave her car to my sister in law, but she doesn't want to drive it, so I am helping her sell it, and then her Subaru, so she can upgrade a little bit.

Three of the four tires on Mom's car were more out of round than I like to see. Put the best two on the front, and it drives fine at 80 mph and below.

Maybe I am just being too picky. But I know it is possible to make a round tire, as shown by the tires on Sherri's car; even with 60k miles they are still round.

Need to check the tires and wheel on my 83 745i. Continentals in front and Bridgestone in rear.

I knew TR and DT had merged. I haven't noticed any change in customer service at TR.

Michelin owns BF Goodrich, but I don't know if they have made any changes to the manufacturing process. I do know this: if you have any of the BFG LT tires on a truck or a big SUV, you need to get them off now. Do an internet search.