View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1970 JUDGE RAM AIR IV !

I would have to agree with GTO DON. Yehiel called my dealership many times until he got a hold of me to ask me if I'd be interested in this car. After a long, long conversation, I was assured that only 3 people knew about the car and that I was going to be the first call when it was ready to be sold, all I had to do was fly to California , confirm I liked it, and it was mine. The ASKING price was $125k but I got the feeling that was negotiable. I, too, was told the car was not numbers matching , and that the mileage was unverifiable becasue the speedo was disconnected for years.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a trend these days of people getting greedy. Apparentley this greed has made peoples word no good anymore. I have had more deals go south because somebody thought they could make a few extra bucks and they don't honor their word. Even on cars I have signed contracts on and have paid for!! Very, very sad.

I hate to say it, but these are just cars and it troubles me that now you can't even take a guy at his word anymore because of a CAR.

I don't care if you are a dealer or not. To me, a man's word is the most important thing he has. All the money being thrown at cars is just showing us who belives this and who doesn't!

125k to 295k , wow! I hope it finds a good home in the end, sounds like a neat car. Not 295k neat, but I am sure somebody will pay what they think it is worth. Just make sure to make your deal, pay for it, and get it out of there all at once!!

Colin