View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Unrestored 1970 LS6 What's it Worth

I don't know why I'm doing this, I usually like to sit on the side and watch a good ol "wrastlin match" but you Boys have drawn me offsides.

I've purchased 17 cars in the last 8 months.

5 of the cars were on E-bay. 4 of those were bought before the auction ended. The other was bought with a high bid of $ 222,100 sniped in at the last second after the car had reached the reserve. I'm dang happy about E-bay and the exposure it brings to cars. I've seen the same car on there many times, some I've even had deals on only to have the seller crawfish on me.

I've bought 6 cars at auction. All of those cars were "Hammer Sold. Some of those cars and others I didn't buy, I've had the owner or a friend of his bid against me.

I've bought 6 six cars from individuals with some of those represented by dealers. 2 of those individuals raised the selling price after comparison shopping even with deals already agreed to, one already had the funds deposited in his account.

The long and short of it is: You are all right! You can be manipulated many ways and by many means! Your choice is to sit on the sidelines because the rules aren't fair or to get in the game and show others how to play fair.

Lynn, You got it right! Especially about the underlying tone of some of the post.

The open exchange of opinions is great! Lets try and think about the other guy and the real reason we make the post!

Sorry about my rant. Sermon Over!

Growing old is a certainty, growing up isn't