View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 04:30 AM

Default Re: L-78 396 cylinder head question

Hey steve......its a 69 camaro X-66.technically theres no solid proof its a 396/375 but heres what i got.correct never out of car BV 12 bolt 4.10 posi,numbers matching M-21 trans,single 3/8 fuel line,console delete w/factory shifter.no gauges,correct big block p/s pump with correct deep groove pully pn 3941105DD,all the standard SS stuff.including 4 date coded YJ ralley wheels.i bought it from a guy who didnt even know what X-66 meant,and bought it in 1972 w/no motor.he put in a corvette 350 and has been driving it daily until 2003!!!!! its a lemans blue car with one repaint,is a little crusty around the edges but runs and drives really nice.everything i mentioned is all original,and the car will be an easy resto.i have what possibly could be the original motor.its a 4 bolt dec. 68 396 that was decked and already rebuilt.i bought that from a guy who also lives local where this car spent its whole life.anything else i should look for??? anything else that could shed some lite on its engine origins. thanks.......

bob