View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: 1971 Camaro SS 396, GM documented, 1 of 1533 m

I agree, there has been no "bashing" about your car. Only the facts have been brought out in this post. As I posted above, I have seen this car in person, and would by no means consider it to be any type of an original survivor car. As for the Docs, they are still said to be with a previous owner somewhere. Please keep in mind that is the same story that I got 2 owners prior to you purchasing the car. If you don't have the POP in hand, it is pretty much pointless to make claim about documentation for the car. From what I recall, the guy who is said to have the docs isn't willing to part with them for some odd reason. If the past owners of the car weren't able to get their hands on them, I have my doubts as to their existance. Out of respect for you and your sale, I won't post any of the previous sale prices of this car even though I have very close numbers. I know what I could have bought the car for when it was for sale in NJ, and I know what the previous owner wanted to get for the car as well. The patch panels and incorrect color may not be an issue to you, but they are a major expense that will be required to put the car back to it's Original state.